It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Authenticwatches.com
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:45 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi All

I purchased a Breitling Navitimer World from Authenticwatches.com some time ago and never revieved a COSC certificate. Can anyone tell me if you buy from Authenticwatches.com do they supply the COSC certificate

There was a message posted on the Replica Breitling Identification section of this forum by Hosehead, and there was a Breitling (SuperOcean)watch brought from Authenticwatches.com and in that picture was a COSC certificate and a Authorised Dealer Booklet as well, which with my purchase I didnt recieve any of that Info

My question is do Authenticwatches supply these Certificates and if not how can I go about obtaining them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:03 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
The only other dealer I have heard of who retains COSC certificates is Jomashop.com. My mate bought a watch from them and when he queried the missing certificate he was told it was to protect the source. That is actually an incorrect comment on their part as the COSC doesn't directly identify their source : only the warranty booklet will do that.

If you want the COSC certificate you can send the watch into your nearest Breitling Primary Service Centre (check out www.Breitling.com for a contact number and give them a call) and they will firstly authenticate the watch for you (free of charge) and then order you a new COSC certificate if you ask them to. Note - the new certificate is NOT free of charge and in the UK it costs around £30. Not a bad price all things considered...

(You will not be able to get hold of a replacement warranty booklet).

Hope this helps.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:51 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
I've bought from them and I didn't get the COSC either. I talked with them as I didn't see the point in not giving the COSC to me. They claimed they didn't have it, it was still at the original AD along with the warranty. They don't keep any papers, they just ship what the particular AD sent them. Like it or not...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:40 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks Driver8

Your advice always helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:44 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi Aleister

Its good to here that Im not the only one who buys from them as well
thanks heaps for the reply

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:14 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi Marcus-

I recently bought my Breitling Colt Chrono II from Authentic Watches and on the pre- purchase phone call, I asked the sales rep "did the watch come with Breitling certificate and warranty?"

The rep answered yes the watch comes "with a" (said quickly it sounded like "with the") certificate of authenticity and warranty, so I presumed I get the whole package.

I was quite disappointed to find both the COSC and Breitling warranty missing and an Authentic Watches Certificate of Authenticity and Warranty card in their place.

I wrote the sales manager and received no reply to my e-mail so I had to call back twice and I explained that as a collector, without these papers, the watch is worth 5 to 10% less on resale or trade. He said most buyers do not care about these papers.I said I did and wanted to retuen the watch if they were not available.

I also explained that I had no interest in their Breitling source and stated that I would not contact the source under any circumstances. I just wanted what was supposed to come with a new Breitling watch.

Well, they did a really top notch "dog and pony" show for me and "checked their warehouse" for the papers, but of course there were none. They told me to see if there were other watches I may want (to swap) and they would "check the warehouse" for the papers in advance and in each case I gave them a different watch, there were not any papers in their warehouse.

I have bought a number of new Breitlings over the years and from several different indirect sources (never yet from an AD) and ALWAYS received the COSC and the Breitling warranty booklet... without asking too.

The lesson to be learned...do not assume anything...always ask if full Breitling paperwork will accompany the watch and get it in writing first when dealing over the internet.

Bottom line, if I return the watch to them, they get a 10% restock fee- NO EXCEPTIONS.

Or, they will graciously allow me to exchange it for a different model watch that I really don't want that MAY have paperwork and I have to ask first so they can "check their warehouse" - that is wasting my time and sending good money after bad.

The experience left a sour taste.... I will not deal with them again.

I am a new member to this great forum and this is my first post. I hope to contribute again in the future and with better news, but I wanted to weigh in on this...

Charlie
Chrono Guy US

Chrono Colt Auto
Old Navitimer II
Chronomat 2000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:51 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Firstly, welcome aboard Charlie.

Secondly, that's a very useful post. The lack of email response from AuthenticWatches was one of the main reasons that I ended up not buying from them. (That and the fact that at the time they didn't accept Paypal from international buyers and yet still expected "Instant Payment". Err..... how???!)

It is definitely worth checking with these on-line dealers upfront to ensure you are getting everything you believe you should.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:16 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 2 posts
Charlie

I had a similar problem with Interwatches and would not buy from them again.

My Monty came with the COSC but they cut the back page out the warranty booklet. I was fully aware of the warranty being direct with them and not Breitling and as you say have no interest in which AD they used. I tried to explain that it devalued the watch monetarily and also as a collectable piece it was spoiled for me as it was incomplete. They did reply but merely disagreed over and over again.

So - their loss, I won't use them again nor would I recommend them to anyone else - quite the opposite!

I guess the lesson is that even if you ask the right questions you can still be disappointed.

:welcome: to the forum - good to have you on board.

To complete the collection:
Navi 01 46/Black leather - Black/white
Montbrillant Datora/Navi - White face
:lingsrock:

LEARNING.......EVERY DAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:36 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
Welcome to the forum!

These stories just make it clearer - go to your AD, it is worth the extra $.