Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:51 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi,
I'm a Breitling newbie and i'll be receiving my first New Old Stock watch soon. It comes with original bill of sale and recent service history but no Breitling Certificate.

Can you suggest where I take the watch for authentification? Birmingham (UK), Hertfordshire and London are my most convenient regions.

If I get the watch certified genuine can a new certificate be issued?

Where would be the best place to pick up original era box and user manual?

By the way pictures of the watch are posted in the identification forum - Vintage Breitling Datora Cleared Take-off or Mayday.

Also I doubt that I will get any instructions with the watch - can anyone give me some pointers on how to maintain the watch and set/adjust the time, date etc.

Very many thanks to you all in advance.

Al

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:00 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Alfire0_0 wrote:
Hi,
I'm a Breitling newbie and i'll be receiving my first New Old Stock watch soon. It comes with original bill of sale and recent service history but no Breitling Certificate.

Can you suggest where I take the watch for authentification? Birmingham (UK), Hertfordshire and London are my most convenient regions.

If I get the watch certified genuine can a new certificate be issued?

Where would be the best place to pick up original era box and user manual?

By the way pictures of the watch are posted in the identification forum - Vintage Breitling Datora Cleared Take-off or Mayday.

Also I doubt that I will get any instructions with the watch - can anyone give me some pointers on how to maintain the watch and set/adjust the time, date etc.

Very many thanks to you all in advance.
Al

Hello, I've just looked at your other post and as it's a watch from the 60's it won't be Chronometer rated, so there is no certificate that Breitling can re-issue. (For info, on more modern models, if the model number on the case back has a "0" as the 4th character (e.g. A13042) then it won't be Chronometer rated which means no certificate. However if that number is a "3" then it will be Chronometer rated which means that if you send the watch to Breitling UK they will arrange for a replacement certificate to be sent to you. It'll cost around £30).

For authenticity checks, go to www.Breitling.com for details of the UK Primary Service Centre. Give them a call and they'll tell you what you need to do to send you watch in. They are very helpful, and will authenticate a watch for you free of chareg (less the postage)

Forums like this or Ebay will be your best place for period boxes as I don't think Breitling hold that kind of stock. Of course you could ask when you call them about the certificate.

Hope this helps.

Site Moderator

Post subject: Thanks!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:45 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Cheers

Al :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:07 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi, I have been informed by the seller that the number is 1409981 so the fourth number is neither a 3 or a 0. I have asked on the 'identification' forum if anyone can glean any history from this serial number, but any help or advice on this forum would also be appreciated.

Many thanks Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:21 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Alfire0_0 wrote:
Hi, I have been informed by the seller that the number is 1409981 so the fourth number is neither a 3 or a 0. I have asked on the 'identification' forum if anyone can glean any history from this serial number, but any help or advice on this forum would also be appreciated.

Many thanks Al

You're getting confused between model number and serial number. The model number on recent watches has the 0 or the 3. This is an older piece (1973 by the serial number) and it will not be COSC certified - hence no certificate existed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:55 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thank you Roffensian, I'm a complete Brietling novice so your help is very gratefully received! :D