It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Winding Skyland Avenger
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:56 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi everybody,

I have bought just recently Skyland Avenger and still have some questions regarding winding and time when watch is not moved.

See that this forum is really helping a lot, so would be really grateful if somebody helps here.

For the winding purposes is it enough to unscrew it and leave it on first level (meaning not going to the mode of changing date and time) and winding it back and forth? Is this correct?

Regarding time during which watch is not moved, for example yesterday I have left the watch for less then 14 hrs and it has stopped. Is this normal or I should think about going to service? Before that I had it on my hand for whole day. This is first time in last 3 months that this happened.

Thanks a lot for help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:23 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Your watch has an automatic self-winding mechanical movement. This means that as long as you wear your watch and move about with it, the power reserve is continuously topped up and there will be no need for manual winding.

However, it is always advised when u get a new watch to fully wind it (usually it takes 40 round from the crown to achieve that). And to do that, just unscrew the crown and start winding the crown in a clockwise direction for 40 full round (do not worry that you might over wind your watch, as caliber 13 has some sort of in built protection against that). An this gives you a power reserve of 42 hours.

Now, if you have lots of watches and your watch won’t be getting lots of wrist time, you might need a watch winder that will automatically wind your watch while you are not wearing it. Doing so you will not have to go through the hassle of adjusting date and time every time your watch run out of power.

Time is precious, keep it with elegance!
-Alien13-

Post subject: Skyland Avenger
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:58 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for reply.

What about time when watch is not moved? As per specs it says 24 hrs, is this always like this or is this depending on something additional?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Skyland Avenger
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:43 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
Risbo wrote:
Thanks for reply.

What about time when watch is not moved? As per specs it says 24 hrs, is this always like this or is this depending on something additional?

Thanks.

If you aren't going to wear it, just manually wind it every other day until you can get a watch winder to leave it on.

~Brian