The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:38 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
my blackbird's big date has stopped turning ...
i can turn it manually but it won't come normally.

it worked when i bought it, but doesn't anymore.

is their some kind of a trick or do i need to send it in ...

and has it something to do that i forgot to wind it the first 2 w/3 weeks i got it
(didn't wear it every day)

thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:40 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Dag Oester, ik ben horlogemaakster, en wat ik denk dat het probleem is, heeft te maken met het feit dat u waarschijnlijk de datum manueel heeft proberen te zetten terwijl de wijzers tussen 20u en 2u stonden. Met gevolg dat het datumrad dan nog versperd wordt door het vingertje dat de datum vooruit duwt, en daardoor "breek" je het mechanisme. Dat staat normaal gezien allemaal uitgelegd in de gebruiksaanwijzing.
Als ik u was, zou ik het horloge terugbrengen naar de winkel, en vragen om het te herstellen onder garantie. Vermeld niet dat je het misschien zelf veroorzaakt hebt! Je gaat een hele tijd zonder moeten doen, vrees ik, want ze moeten uw horloge waarschijnlijk naar Zwitserland sturen.
Ik heb vroeger nog in Brussel voor het herstelcentrum van Breitling Benelux gewerkt, maar dat is ondertussen opgedoekt.

For the people that didn't understand what I just explained to Oester; it goes like this:
I told him he probably changed the date manually between 8pm and 2am, and may have caused the mechanism to fail. I recommended him to take the watch back to his AD to have warranty work performed, of course not admitting to what he might have done. The service center in Belgium no longer exists (I know coz I used to work there) and his watch is probably going to have to go to Switzerland, so he'll be without his watch for a while.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:11 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

It works again !
it didn't but now it turns the date at noon...

when is the best time to set it good again? This because of the don't turn between 20 and 3 ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:19 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Oester wrote:
It works again !

when is the best time to set it good again? This because of the don't turn between 20 and 3 ...

If the only problem now is that it's changing at noon then wind the date forward (anytime not between 8am and 3pm real time - i.e. when the watch thinks it's 8pm and 3am) until you get to the date before the current date.

Then wind it forward using thetime setting until you have the right time with the correct am / pm setting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:40 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

thx !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:40 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Roffensian wrote:
Oester wrote:
It works again !

If the only problem now is that it's changing at noon then wind the date forward (anytime not between 8am and 3pm real time - i.e. when the watch thinks it's 8pm and 3am) until you get to the date before the current date.

Then wind it forward using thetime setting until you have the right time with the correct am / pm setting.

my watch is doing the same thing (date changes at 3am instead of 12am) - any way to fix it myself so I don't have to send it in to an authorized service center?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:20 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
breitlingevolution wrote:
Roffensian wrote:
Oester wrote:
It works again !

my watch is doing the same thing (date changes at 3am instead of 12am) - any way to fix it myself so I don't have to send it in to an authorized service center?

That's one for Breitling to fix I think.

Site Moderator