The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:52 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I bought a Breitling Chronoavenger almost a year ago on a Caribbean vacation, on a whim at what ammounted to a sort of pawn shop for about $125. I don't know for sure if it's fake, although I strongly suspect it is based on info from this site and others.
The strap it came with is black glossy simulated allagator or croc. but the back says Genuine Leather and says "Breitling 1884. The buckle also says Breitling 1884. The edge of the buckle is a real torture device curved in such a way as to dig and irritate the wrist. Needless to say I ordered another similar 24mm buckle with strap that does not have this problem.
The back of the watch has measurement conversions, liter to gal, etc, and in the center of the back, rather than having the engraved Breitling name and winged logo, it just has a metal-like, round black label attached printed with Breitling 1884 and the winged logo in the center.
The dial face is black with white with 1 thru 12, but has something I have never seen: it has 3 gold colored subdials at 3, 6 and 9 positions. And the day of the month is a subdial, reading 1 to 31 that is advanced by pushing the lower pusher, and like everything on all three subdials is too small and difficult to read.
I have never been able to find on the net or anywhere a Chrono Avenger like this!
Here are some numbers on it that could be helpful:
On the back is A13370
The label on the case back I mentioned also has in fine print, CHRONOAVENGER 2004 VER. The strap it came with has no numbers or serial numbers, just what I mentioned above.

As to how it functions.
It is an automatic, but doesn't work well with either of the watch winders I use for my other two automatic watches,( the winders work good with the other two autos). So I have resorted to just winding the Breitling and treating it as a mechanical unscrewing it to the first position and winding it. If I wind it 40 to 50 turns is seems to last about 36 hours. Setting the watch is a bit of a problem since the second had will not stop with crown unscrewed and pulled all the way out.

My main issues are:
The watch will stop if you only just wear it or try to use a winder without hand winding it.
Also, the setting the time is okey except that I cannot get the second hand to stop when crown is unscrewed and pulled all the way out. I tried the pushers but that doesn't work either.
The watch appears to be titanium although I am not sure.
Needless to say I have four other nice watches and so I don't have to depend on this Chronoavenger. I usually just wear it just to wear something different.

Can anyone shed some light on this watch? How bad of a fake do I have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:48 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Based on your desription...Definite fake, sorry

Current:- Navi World, Coral SO, Panerai 219, Sea Dweller, Suunto Core etc

CORAL CLUB FOUNDING FATHER
:coralclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:17 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
Very easy to say: The number of the Chrono Avenger used to start with E13...

So if You have a number wit A13 on the back, its a fake for sure.

Sorry to say, but nobody, not even the most stupid idiot would sell a real working Breitling for $ 125. And pawnshopowners usually know their trade really good.

BG
Thomas