It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NOOB Question
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:30 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Good evening,

I am looking into these absolutley perfect watches but I am lost in all of the model choices. I have decided that Breitling is my certain choice, but I am not in the position to spend ten grand on one. I would like to stay around four. I like the larger mm pieces, but dont know what options I have in that range. Also, is there such a thing as an authorized dealer for pre-owned watches? I think Rolex has them, but wasn't sure if that was a good route for a first one? Thanks in advance for your knowledge and help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:43 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

your local ad that sells breitlings will sometimes have preowned watches. if your looking to stay around 4000 for a larger size watch id look into buying online. you can get a SA for about 3600. from the dealer the SA would run you about 4700 plus tax. they will probably give you a 10% discount if you bargain a bit... hope that helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:42 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I'm guessing you are Stateside with a budget of 4000? 4000GBP would give you serious choice this side of the pond! :wink:

But yes, I agree with the above - an SA (that's a Super Avenger by the way if you are really new to Breitling) is probably the biggest Breitling-bang-for-your-buck... period. However, buying one new from an AD it is slightly more than your budget, although you can haggle them down a bit far easier than we can in the UK. Some AD's may occasionally have second hand models but obviously you have no control over what they will have in stock. Mine occasionally does, as people will sometimes trade a watch in for something new, but I've never seen anything that's caught my eye, so unless you get lucky you could be waiting a while. Another option (again as said above) is buying online, although if this is your first forey into the prestige watch market, I'd advise only using reputable on-line dealers and avoid eBay. Interwatches.com, Prestigetime.com and Jomashop.com all seem to get good reviews and sell genuine stuff. Check the feedback section on this site for some reviews of dealers.

Just a thought but as another option instead of the SA, it may be worth looking at the Superocean Heritage. It's 46 mm across and has a very clean looking dial on account of it not being a chronograph. That one IS within your budget even at full list (I think).

Happy hunting.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:01 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for all of the info. I am very new to this world and am so excited to aquire my first of hopefully many "lings". I like the metal bracelets over the leather, does that add tons to the price or is there an advantage of one over the other? Are they all numbered or anything that may be nice to look for as an exclusive thing. Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:35 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

The Avenger Skyland, The Super Avenger, The Avenger Seawolf, The Chrono Avenger M1, The Airwolf, and The SuperOcean Heritage 46s should all fall into that approximate price range on bracelets. There are also the Colt models too.

I would recommend either the Skyland or Super Avenger. The SA is a very popular model, and the Skyland is catching on quick.