Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:20 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi all,
I own a beautiful Crosswind Special since 6 years, and suddenly this morning it stopped working...... :( :( :(

Tried to charge it... nothing, nothing happens. If i take it close to my ear while charging it, after three turns I can hear a weird little click happening inside....

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LITTLE WATCH??????? HELP!!!!

The only issue I had with my watch was that every time I had to manually adjust the date (end of month), or had to change time (timezones) it was loosing the charge, and I had to recharge it manually, but I could live with that.

Is this a common problem? I've searched on the net and haven't found anything specific.
Any indication on a place in Sydney that could have a look at it?
Ciao.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:40 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

DanOz,
G'day mate, you are in luck. Well sort of. The service place for Breitlings in Australia is in Sydney, in Elizabeth Street in the city.

The direct number for the service department is 9262 9154.

I've had a problem with my brand new Colt GMT and it went there for a servicing. I rang them last week and it's been fixed and I should get it back this week, touch wood.

The man I spoke to was very helpful and suggested if I had a problem again then to ring him and send it directly there, not to bother with going to an AD first. First class service and nothing was a problem for them.

Good luck with it.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:46 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Dave wrote:
DanOz,
G'day mate, you are in luck. Well sort of. The service place for Breitlings in Australia is in Sydney, in Elizabeth Street in the city.

Good luck with it.

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave,
I read of your mishap with the new watch, very unlucky.
I've had my Breitling since over 6 years and never had a problem, really happy with it, pretty accurate as well, I'd say.
I knew I should have serviced it in the meanwhile, but, you know, I've heard of many people that started having issues after the servicing, while the watch was running ok before, therefore I've always sort of postponed...... and now I realise probably it would have been better doing as Breitling recommends.... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:51 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Yeah it's difficult when you have something worth that money and it won't work. I'm really hoping for mine to be spot on now or I'm not sure what I'll do. :roll:

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:31 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I know this is stating the obvious (sorry!), but the thing to remember with servicing your watch is that like any mechanical instrument, moving parts are touching moving parts and without proper maintenance things will eventually go wrong. For example you can probably run your car for a fair while past it's service interval, but eventually it'll stop running.

The other thing to remember is that Breitling Service centres tend to provide superb customer service - they certainly do here in the UK. Your serviced watch will return with a 2 year warranty, so if by chance something is not running quite right (and it can happen as we are talking about tiny precision parts here) then Breitling will fix it free of charge. Sure it's a pain if you have to send it back for work and you are without it for a while, but IMHO it's certainly worth doing.

Site Moderator