Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Buying a Breitling
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:13 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hey guys I am thinking about purchasing my first breitling. I am really interested in the breitling superocean with the rubber strap. Tourneau offered the watch to me for $1750. I was just wondering what everybodys thoughts are about this watch and if that is a fair price to pay for the superocean. Or does anybody recommend any other breitlings in this price range.

Thank you !!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:24 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Thats a fair price, considering Tourneau is a large company, and you probably havent done business with them before.

Be sure to shop around though, it never hurts to pop into other ADs in your area and check prices. Sometimes the smaller guys appreciate your business and the prospect of your return more than big names like Tourneau. Think of how many faces a Tourneau employee sees a day!!

And if you get as crazy as some of us here with watches you and your AD will be on a first name basis!! I actually get calls from mine when something new comes in that he thinks I would be interested in. (Provided it is in my price range.)

My frequent business with my AD has resulted in a friendship. And I am reaping the benefits in discounts, first shot at new watches that come out, and excellent service whenever I am in there. I wouldn't want to denegrate Tourneau, but I find it hard to believe I would have the same relationship with them if they were my AD.

These are all things to consider, but I would ultimately say $1750 is a fair price, and if purchased from Tourneau, it will certainly be genuine.