Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:37 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi
Just bought a chronomat breitling just 3 weeks ago. it is a ling with croco strap. One thing i noticed is that my ling looks like its with yellow gold bezel ring and the roman dials are rose gold i think.the pushers also look like they are in yellow gold. should the bezel and pushers be in the exact same colours as the roman dials? have i bought an old model or something? or what is wrong with mine?the mod number is c13356. ps when i remove the strap is says 5006b4. is this a 2006 model? why did they not tell me this if this is the case? kinda confused right now Image
if you look at the picture, this is my watch. exactly the same.u can see that the bezel and rider tabs or pushers are in a different shade.
so i think it is supposed to be that way.
then the main question for me then is: did i buy an 2006 model in february 2008? and should they have told me then?[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
That indicates when the case was manufactured.. it doesn't mean it was a 2006 model necessary.. and 5006 would be the very end of 2006 anyway. The actual case for this watch has not changed since it was introduced in 2005.. I can't really comment on the yellow/rose gold difference, but don't worry too much about the manufacturing year of the case.

Post subject: Thanx for the reply!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:36 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
breitlingsource wrote:
That indicates when the case was manufactured.. it doesn't mean it was a 2006 model necessary.. and 5006 would be the very end of 2006 anyway. The actual case for this watch has not changed since it was introduced in 2005.. I can't really comment on the yellow/rose gold difference, but don't worry too much about the manufacturing year of the case.

Ok. Just curious, and i suddenly got kinda freaked out :) This is my first ling, and i like to know everything about my watch ;)
So i can then take into consideration that the case is a late 06 manufactured piece and it may have been shipped out in late 07/08? just thinking about when service is needed etc. Since i paid 10300 usd for the ling here in norway, i would have liked to know if its older than 1 year.
Kinda regretting i didnt go for the one with the steel two tone bracelet, but i like the croc look :) feels more exclusive to me. dont know what others think, but i always loved croc strapped watches. but the croc strap cost 800usd and the two tone cost 4000 usd here so i propably should have chosen the steel two tone because then i would get a discount, and the croc is more affordable. But for now i cant afford the two tone steel. I think i rather would go to another country and buy because of the sick prices here in norway. Going to africa tomorrow so i changed the croc for a plastic breitling bracelet :) dont wanna use my croc in chlorin and saltwater. Should i take off my watch before swimming? my old sub i always keep on, but im kinda more afraid of damaging my ling. What do you think? and thank you so much for the reply. Sorry for my bad spelling and lack of caos use. Writing on my friends pc and im a mac user myself haha