The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:02 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hey folks, I was away from my Superocean for some time and when i returned I needed to reset the date. The problem is i believe I may have reset it during "the bad hours 8pm-3am" without knowing it. Right now the watch is running fine but I believe its 12 hrs off (behind schedule).

Questions are:
1. Is my watch screwed?

2. To reset the date should I wait until it changes over and goes past (it's) 3am and then move the hands 12hrs up?

3. Does anyone know what exactly can happen to the movement if the date/time is adjusted between 8pm-3am?

4. Last question...unrelated: Someone told me that one should never wear a mechanical watch while playing golf...is this true?

Thanks everyone for your help and feedback!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:16 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Superocean Fan, if I am understanding what you wrote, your watch isnt screwed. It is 12 hours behind, because you set the date at the wrong time. I have done this on a few occasions, thinking 12 pm was really 12 am.

Quick trick I use to set my dates properly are:
1. Ensure the time frame is correct (I have always heard 10pm-3am is the wrong time to adjust) then set the date to the day before.
2. Adjust the time until you actually see the date change to today's date.
3. This will tell you it is 12 am on that day, then proceed to set the actual time. I am so picky about never going backwards with the hands, that if I miss it the first time, I make sure the time isnt between 10pm-3am and then I change the date until I get back to step 1 and go on from there. (Not sure if it matters going backwards, but Its just something I do.)

As far as what happens when you change the date suring that time frame, I cannot say, I have just always been told not to, so I dont.

And for Golfing, if its a quartz watch it should be fine. Automatics may have shock resistance, but I have always been leary to test it out. Alot of companies say it is ok to wear their watch while golfing, but I still wont risk it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:05 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks for the great info!