The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:16 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hey guys, I think im having 2 problems with my watch I’ve attached an image for you to see...

1. Every few days it appears my watch gets faster, I either have to stop it or set it back for the time to be accurate.

2. It appears my dial is out of synch...If you see in the attached picture, that starting at 60 and going counter clock wise it seems ok until it gets to 50, 45, 40, 35 and 30 it gets thrown off by a lot, all the way around until it gets back to 12... (Sorry I don’t know all the watch lingo and terminology I'm still newbie) am I going crazy? Or do you guys see it to? What could have caused this it's kind of been like this since day 1 but didn’t put too much thought into it but after spending $4800 on a watch I want it to be perfect...

The watch is definitely under warranty I just got it in January of 2010, will Warranty cover this? It’s never been dropped or anything likes that...
If I take it for repair what is the correct terminology to use?

Thanks in advance for the feedback...sorry for the pic quality i took it using my BB at work...

Shant

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

WRT the accuracy of the watch, it is acceptable for the watch to keep time within -4 to +6 seconds a day (COSC tolerance). Any more or less and this is indictive of a watch needing Breitling attention.

I do see that the slide rule bezel does not appear to line up perfectly at various positions. Looks to me like it is misaligned - but I'm not sure if this is uncommon You aren't crazy :wink:

I think your best bet is to bring it back to the AD from which you bought it and inquire about your options. It might be necessary to send this into Breitling for correction if the timing is off.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:14 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Iantheklutz wrote:
WRT the accuracy of the watch, it is acceptable for the watch to keep time within -4 to +6 seconds a day (COSC tolerance). Any more or less and this is indictive of a watch needing Breitling attention.

I do see that the slide rule bezel does not appear to line up perfectly at various positions. Looks to me like it is misaligned - but I'm not sure if this is uncommon You aren't crazy :wink:

I think your best bet is to bring it back to the AD from which you bought it and inquire about your options. It might be necessary to send this into Breitling for correction if the timing is off.

WRT?

The slide rule bezels have been known to not line up in all positions. Its one thing about Breitlings that bothers me. Not sure if other brands have this problem. Seems simple enough to get right though IMO.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:21 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

WRT = with respect to

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:43 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
There's nothing wrong with the slide rule, that's what happens with circular slide rules.

In terms of time gain, as Ian says it will depend on how much it is gaining each day.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:11 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 30 posts
Roffensian wrote:
There's nothing wrong with the slide rule, that's what happens with circular slide rules.

Roffensian why do you say this? Curious to know the reasoning behind it.

I've seen navitimers where the two rulers align perfectly. Mine also has the same defect that Shant has. In my eyes that is a quality control defect. Unless there is an unspoken rule in the industry that watches with in flight calculators can be off by a tick or two and still be considered acceptable.