It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Datora Advice
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:57 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi,

I am interested in a Datora, white face, steel bracelet model.
Any problems with this model?
Anything I should know?
Should I buy from a dealer or chance one from the net?
I live in Ireland and after phoning all the dealers today, the best price I can get is €4800 or $7000. The list price quoted by all the dealers was €5385 or $7800.
Whom would you recommend in Europe to buy from?

All help appreciated...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:24 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Pandy,
The Datora is a very pretty watch. I have always recommended purchasing from an AD. I know you can get better prices on the net, and an AD may seem over priced, but I am willing to pay extra for the piece of mind that the watch is genuine, and if I ever encounter any problems they take care of it without question. Plus you get to actually see it in person and try it on, and speak one on one with someone who knows the product.

I had purchased an Omega Seamaster from an AD and boy was I happy I did. The watch had to go back 3 times for repairs before it was running correctly, it was under warranty so I didnt pay a dime for shipping or repair. If I had bought it online, I dont even know if I would have gotten a warranty and I wouldnt have any idea where to take it for repairs. (Some ADs around me wont even touch watches unless you purchased it from them or another AD for that company.)

I am in the states, so Im not sure how it is in Europe, but the list price here in the US is $5930.00 not $7800, and many places here are below MSRP. Im not sure if anyone else can help you find a better price, but Id make sure to shop around to ensure you can get the best possible price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:43 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
I agree with Mikey. Living in Europe we unfortunately have higher prices for our European watches than the US. If it's your first Breitling and you want to make sure not to gamble - turn to your AD. Pay the extra € just for having your peace when it comes to service/warranty issues. I answered your question in the replica section regarding authenticwatches.com, and as you can see in the feedback section I've used them and was happy with the watch - but not with the service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:35 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
Hello Pandybelly,

phoning the dealers for price information is the wrong way to get a good discount. No serious dealer will negotiate discounts on the phone. If You want a better pricing, take exactly 4500 Euro in cash with You, and put them on the table for price discussion. Maybe have an extra 100 in Your pocket, I doubt, that if an AD has it on stock, he will not go for that price.
(I would sell it for that price)

BG
Thomas