Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:05 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello,

I have bought an Avenger II with the B13 caliber and it's dated from 29th June 2019.
the previous owner hasn't worn it often because it was too heavy for him and too thick.

After the first day I found it relative accurate, I even thought it was going a bit slower but I'm not 100% sure.

Then after the second day and also again in the watchwinder turning clockwise I noticed it was almost 2minutes ahead.
So in my opinion it runs too fast.

I also read a lot about when a watch can be magnetisized and then it runs faster.
I only could try to demagnetise it by holding it in front of an old television and power it on and of a few times.

Then I did the check with a compass and my Colt 44 automatic which is also in the winder besides the Avenger was turning the neadle of the compass
but the avenger did not.
Can it be the Colt which magnetisized the Avenger or is it something else?

I also read a lot about the watch needs to be worn for 1 or 2 months before it gains the actual accuracy, is that correct?

Or should I take it to an official Breitling dealer where they can adjust the accuracy a bit?
Will an authorized dealer adjust it while it is still under waranty or do they need to send it to Breitling therefor?
I will be so sad if I have to leave it behind and knowing it will not return soon because of a malfunctioning mechanism.

Also a remark is that if I have to set the time and have the little secondhand on 00 I have to put the minutehand between two index markers because when pushing the crown in the minutehand stays for a while still and then moves and I like to have it correctly on the index marker when it is 00 seconds.

You can imagine I'm a little stressed because when I bought my Colt it was directly ok and now when I bought this more expensive model and there's something wrong.
Now I have to set back the minute hand every day because it runs too fast in my opinion.
When I use this app WatchCheck it also says after some check's it's running +132sec/day.

Now I'm checking if I also let the chronograph run as a secondhand if it also runs faster or if it remains the correct time.

Thanks a lot for your comments and tips to do some tests or how to demagnetise it by myself.
I tried to do it also with a few little magnets in a drilling machine and let it turn arround on slow rpm and the put the back of my watch close to the magnets and then pulled it slowely 10cm away, and this a few times but nothing changed.

I already ordered such a blue little demagnetisizer but it will not arrive early.

Best regards,
Ryan