The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:42 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi, I recently got a Pluton from my father and I am currently restoring it.
Currently the bezel is reluctant against attempts to removing it (used a Bergeon watch knife).
In order to restore the case it would be very helpful to get it off. Any ideas?

Next issue is that inner ring, that remains in the case after removing to movement. Can it simply be pressed out (glass is removed)?

Thanks a lot for your comments!

Horst

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:57 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
TaHoDa wrote:
Currently the bezel is reluctant against attempts to removing it (used a Bergeon watch knife).

Next issue is that inner ring, that remains in the case after removing to movement. Can it simply be pressed out (glass is removed)?

Horst

What I do to get the bezels off on the Pluton's is use a really thin bladed pocket knife. There's not a lot of room on these and it's tough to get a blade in. I use a couple of single edged razor blades to create a little space and then insert the larger blade and they usually pop off. Never noticed an inner ring other than the plastic movement holder. Pretty sure the crystal is press in but I usually send them out if they need a crystal. Have to be careful with the movement holder as they break easily especially at the little push rod end.

3 people like this post.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:58 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
vintage wrote:
TaHoDa wrote:

Horst

What I do to get the bezels off on the Pluton's is use a really thin bladed pocket knife. There's not a lot of room on these and it's tough to get a blade in. I use a couple of single edged razor blades to create a little space and then insert the larger blade and they usually pop off. Never noticed an inner ring other than the plastic movement holder. Pretty sure the crystal is press in but I usually send them out if they need a crystal. Have to be careful with the movement holder as they break easily especially at the little push rod end.

Sorry, I noticed the reply too late! Thanks for that great informations! Meanwhile I have it all apart and in good shape. I ordered a new crystal and few other parts and will start reassembly. All the best and thanks again! :D