The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:24 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi , I have a breitling navitimer 2300 , its from Algerian airforce, I've had it for about 15 years but its just sitting in my drawer. Is this watch worth anything, its working perfectly. Its just i don't wear it, or prob never will. If anyone could help I'd be grateful. Thank you Chris

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:50 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
PM sent.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:51 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I am no expert and new to the forum, but all Breitlings are desirable and the one you has always been a sought after model. Its worth at least 2500-3000 .if its has markets from the airforce to some that adds value. For a wide range example of prices check ebay and chrono 24.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:07 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Welcome aboard. I've deleted your other thread as one is sufficient. Pictures would be good - here's now to load some up -

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66281

To be honest though, a lot of us here don't tend to give valuations as it's not an exact science, so the standard response is to check the likes of Chrono24 and eBay, though you're always best to concentrate on actual sold prices as opposed to what people are asking as often the two can be somewhat different.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:33 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
Heuer1 wrote:
I am no expert and new to the forum, but all Breitlings are desirable and the one you has always been a sought after model. Its worth at least 2500-3000 .if its has markets from the airforce to some that adds value. For a wide range example of prices check ebay and chrono 24.

You better know what you're doing when it comes to the early ESA quartz watches as they rarely are functioning properly and replacement movements are as scarce as hens teeth. 90% of them are sold not working, or partially working, and longevity is a crap shoot even if you find a good one. If the seller says "just needs a battery" or "untested" consider it broke. Buy one that the seller shows a picture of every mode of the quartz display, a movement pic, and the ability to change the analog time. All problem areas with these.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:05 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Yes i am sure i pm the poster to give him more details on how to approach sale. Including the fact if automatic much more desirability, saw both quartz and autos online. He did say it was working, even the quartz ones seem to bring a couple grand and more. But was surprised on how many militaries in the middle east gave them out.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:46 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Havent had any experience with Breitling quartz but i have a 70s Omega Mega Quartz that probably still keeps better time then anything made today. But back the i think it was 2 or 3 times the price of a mechanical one. But i think they set out from the onset to build the best quartz watch they could. Depending on the model. They were accurate from 1-5 seconds a month and many today stand up to that spec.