The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:20 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Based on an effort that I've been working on for a few years now, just yesterday I published to my website a comprehensive list of all watches worn by James Bond in EON Productions movies.

http://www.jamesbondwatches.com/the-list-eon-movies.htm

If you scroll down to the Thunderball reference, you'll see that I actually have the Breitling Top Time, which served as the basis for 007's Geiger Counter watch, listed twice. The first reference is the only point in the movie where he's actually holding the watch, as opposed to wearing it. And in that case, it has a bracelet that looks like the Breitling Pilot style; everywhere else, it looks like a Twist-O-Flex.

In addition to being unique as a Breitling, this watch is fascinating for a number of reasons as they related to James Bond. It's the first gadget watch in the films, of course. More importantly, it's the first and only gadget watch designated by Ian Fleming in the 007 books.

Although it's not labeled as a Breitling, Mr. Fleming discusses this watch in his Thunderball novel. Rather than coming from Q-Branch, that watch comes from the CIA, via Felix Leiter.