The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:57 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Please can someone help me. I have inherited a 1968 Gold Plated Top Time 2000 from my late father. It needs quite a bit of work. Service, crystal, new pusher caps and a crown. What specific crown does this need? (Part number, tap size etc). I see a few on Ebay and would like to purchase one but I am unsure it will fit. I also need split stem. Any help is much appreciated. I have a local watchmaker who can do all work but seems unwilling to find out the parts.

Thanks!

Marc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 364 posts
The Breitling crowns are 99% tap 12. Diameter of a crown for the top time is 5.6-5.8mm IIRC. Crown you would find some place like eBay although I've looked quickly and don't see any there currently. Split stem your watchmaker should just be able to buy. It’s a bestfit 360/123 or Venus part 404. I can understand a watchmaker not wanting to spend time finding actual old parts, but stems, crystals, and pushers will be bought on line, Crystal is standard, sometimes an armoured crystal is needed to hold the dial in place, sometimes not. Again, your watchmaker should assess and just order. Pusher caps are problematic and you wont find the correct cap dimensions. Im not sure of the replacement size but search this forum and you will find it someplace.

Last edited by buddman on Wed May 12, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:13 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Thank You for your fast response! I'll try to find out as much as I can to aid watchmaker. I have a new crystal and pushers ordered already. I may get case refinished also. It's probably not economically worth it but is of more sentimental value.

Thanks.