The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:10 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I recently had my 1974 Navitimer 7806-S serviced by a local watchmaker after the mainspring gave up. Since I had it back, I have noticed that the rotating bezel has gradually worked its way a little loose, and is not as flush to the case as it used to be. There is also a resultant slight step between the white rule bezel and the black dial, which was never previously perceptible. The watchmaker claims this was always the case and that he never even removed the bezel from the case when servicing the watch. He was quite rude to me and my trust in him has broken down.

An incurable tinkerer, I have tried to investigate it using my case opener following the directions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=55653

There is a brass ring which rotates around the dial which the slide rule sits on. There is a copper spring in the shape of an incomplete circle which seems to go around this. I have disassembled and reassembled it, popped the bezel back on with a case press to try and get it on better, but no improvement. Any suggestions as to what else I might try (other than consulting an expensive Breitling expert)?