The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:05 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 19 posts
Sorry I am late to the party but I changed my email about a month ago and could not find my Breitlingsource password until this morning. I am glad that WatchFred found my post above from 1-1-2014 as I have not done another Pult crystal since then and did not recall some of the fun details until now. So, after nearly 4 years, my prior explanation is the best I can do at this time.
Good luck, Craig

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:11 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 5 posts
Thanks Fred for the link. I actually searched the net and didn't find this thread. And like you I broke one of my crystals.

Craig, My question is how to install the spring and bezel together on the top of the crystal? Where does the spring go? Is it just on the top of the crystal and press the bezel in? I tried but it didn't work. To clarify, I attached the photo of the two pieces (Bezel and the spring), I don't know how to install them? The crystal and the inner bezel are perfectly and sharp in place.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:15 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 19 posts
The honest answer is I do not recall. At 73 I am lucky if I remember a watch I worked on 4 weeks ago let alone 4 years ago. However, I think the crystal goes in last?

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:17 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 364 posts
Lots of years of experience Craig.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:15 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
chronodeco wrote:
The honest answer is I do not recall. At 73 I am lucky if I remember a watch I worked on 4 weeks ago let alone 4 years ago. However, I think the crystal goes in last?

that’s what u said in 2014 iirc. you weren’t too amused with changing that crystal ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:43 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 5 posts
As always with Breitling watches, I figured out how this work.

Here was my problem. I was putting the bezel spring underneath the bezel, because I thought the bezel is so thin and has no wall that I can't attached the spring to it. That was the reason the bezel was kind of soft.

After several attempts, I tried to push the spring to the back of the bezel and make it to stick to the very thin wall. It worked eventually. So the process is the following before I get Alzheimer and won't remember:

1. Stick the spring to the back of the bezel. This will make sure the bezel with be firm.
2. Put the crystal over the bezel and press the glass into the case.

Before pressing the glass into the case though, you have to put the innerbazel inside the glass. In order to have the innerbezel is aligned with the Tachy of the dial, you should:

1. install the movement and dial inside the case. That way you have the 12Hr sharp on the top,
2. now you only need to align the 100 on the innerbezel with the 12Hr of the dial and press the glass in. There is no need to do this 4 times as some expert had written earlier. Once done properly, it should work.

I hope anyone who is looking to solve this problem in the future, can figure out the solution through this thread and not to invent the wheel from scratch because I also get Amnesia or Alzheimer.