Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:48 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi
I am trying to track down a bezel for the above watch as mine is missing. Anything would be great even a well used one! Does anyone know how much this watch would be worth and how rare is it?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:59 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Not familiar with the model - I'll try and find some comparables in the guide for a price indication.

As far as replacement parts are concerned, I very much doubt that you will find anyone prepared to sell you the bezel, you'll likely have to get the watch repaired - repairers / restorers jealously hold parts for their own work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:56 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
OK, 2005 is listed as a SuperOcean in the guide - round case, round buttons powered by a Venus 188 which will make it a two register chronograph with registers at 3 and 9 - correct?

The only SOs listed in Richter are the regular watches, not Chronos and list (guide price) for $500 - $900. With the recent SO Heritage and the fact that yours is a chrono, you should probably figure more in the $1,200 range, maybe higher if condition is exceptional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:20 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi
My SO model 2005 has a round case, round pushers, black dial, silver inner 60 minute chapter ring and uses a modified Venus 188. The mod is; where the centre chrono wheel records the chrono seconds on the usual 188, this one uses the centre chrono wheel to record the minutes hence no subdials. It also has an aperture above the 6 o'clock position to show whether the chrono is running, stopped or reset. The watch is totally as it left the factory and a picture of this model can be found on this website in the 1969 catalogue on page 23 i think. I believe it to be quite a rare one and hope someone can shed some light on it.
Thanks
Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:40 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
rdwiow wrote:
Hi
My SO model 2005 has a round case, round pushers, black dial, silver inner 60 minute chapter ring and uses a modified Venus 188. The mod is; where the centre chrono wheel records the chrono seconds on the usual 188, this one uses the centre chrono wheel to record the minutes hence no subdials. It also has an aperture above the 6 o'clock position to show whether the chrono is running, stopped or reset. The watch is totally as it left the factory and a picture of this model can be found on this website in the 1969 catalogue on page 23 i think. I believe it to be quite a rare one and hope someone can shed some light on it.
Thanks
Rob

Go to Chronolog & Books on the front page of this site and then click on the 69 catalog of mine to see your Superocean on the last page or two. I had one of these that I restored a few years ago. I actually bought it from a diver in the Channel Islands so it was actually used as a dive watch. It took almost three years to get it restored and it had a little flaw in the bezel. I never could find another one. The movement is the same as the Breitling Football from the same era and they can be swapped.

Paul