The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:47 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
Just found this Chrono-matic online, negotiated the amount of cash required to purchase, and it's on the way to me. Should have by the weekend. Sellers pic. I know this is the least popular of the Chrono-matic case styles but the dial made all the difference. :wink:

Last edited by vintage on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:52 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
vintage wrote:
.....but the dial made all the difference. :wink:

Easy to understand - very nice looking piece.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:56 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 0 post
She's a beautiful piece. The bezel is bothering me though! When you receive it please post a picture with it in the correct position. Congrats!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:21 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Wow... you're not on just a lucky streak, you're on a buying binge~! :lol:

Great stuff you're picking up by the way... that c-matic...

well you know... I give all c-matics equal love and respect~ :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:07 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Just updated the picture above. Added a nos 19mm NSA bracelet from Squinky which made all the difference. The watch keeps excellent time and feels good on the wrist. Actually I'm a little surprised how much I like it. Maybe I should buy up more of these ref 2112 Chrono-matics while the prices are manageable. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:51 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

I like that bracelet - what's the quality like Paul?

Not sure what the recent changes to chrono-matics are going to do to this market in the next year or so. For those of us that know the history the left hand crown is always going to appeal, but now that Breitling has moved to the right hand crown in modern pieces I wonder if it's going to drive more people towards 'the originals' or detract from the appeal.

I know for me a chrono-matic has to have a left hand crown!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:11 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Roffensian wrote:

Not sure what the recent changes to chrono-matics are going to do to this market in the next year or so. For those of us that know the history the left hand crown is always going to appeal, but now that Breitling has moved to the right hand crown in modern pieces I wonder if it's going to drive more people towards 'the originals' or detract from the appeal.

Actually NSA was an original supplier for bracelets to Breitling in the sixties so it's original quality. Nice and heavy with the comfort spring in the clasp.

I love when people list a Chrono-matic for sale as a lefty watch. :D They seem to value it a little less than normal. I don't see anything happening with the older Chrono-matics other than their value will continue to rise. It's all about supply and demand and there are fewer Chrono-matics available on the market now than similararly equipped Navitimers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:14 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

vintage wrote:
Roffensian wrote:

Actually NSA was an original supplier for bracelets to Breitling in the sixties so it's original quality. Nice and heavy with the comfort spring in the clasp.

I love when people list a Chrono-matic for sale as a lefty watch. :D They seem to value it a little less than normal. I don't see anything happening with the older Chrono-matics other than their value will continue to rise. It's all about supply and demand and there are fewer Chrono-matics available on the market now than similararly equipped Navitimers.

Didn't realise that the bracelet was original - very nice. I hope that you are right about the chrono-matics - except for any that I am looking to buy of course :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:41 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Roffensian wrote:
vintage wrote:
Roffensian wrote:

Didn't realise that the bracelet was original - very nice. I hope that you are right about the chrono-matics - except for any that I am looking to buy of course :lol:

If you look in the Breitling bible towards the back, in the black and white 60s/70s pictures I think, you'll see a similar styled bracelet on one of the Breitling chronographs if I remember correctly. Don't have one handy to check with.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:25 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Very very nice...~!

I am so itching for another chronomatic... :lingsrock:

I would have to agree also that c-matics in general I've seen all over the net have increased a bit... not too much but they are going up... of course the ones with all the right pieces anyway...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:01 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Roffensian wrote:

On this we agree!

If we were seeing the current level of interest in the original Chrono-matics two years ago, I would expect prices to rise significantly, but given the current state of things generally, it’s easy to envisage discretionary spending to be down for a few years, which I guess has to counter the effect.

What gets to me is that when you hold these things next to a seventies Rolex 6265, the Breitlings are just as cool and well made. Yet the price difference is like comparing a Ferrari vs a Toyota Celica – perhaps this simply reflects the inflated market value of the Daytona?

It's hard to pick where things will go - but I'm sure they're are some bargains to be had with seventies Breitlings...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:26 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Love it. What size is that?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:26 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Zirotti wrote:
Love it. What size is that?

About 38mm minus crown.