The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:36 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
Mervos is a trademark owned by Horowitz and Son, New York. I think that in 1944, they may have imported Breitling, but it is wrong to assert that all "Mervos" are Breitling. That's just foolish.

And is also foolish to think a Wakmann made in France is made by Breitling. Many people think that the "WOG" on the bridge is a manufacturers' code, but it is a US import code that Wakmann had to put on its own contract watches, as well as watches imported by Era and Gigandet, among others. There are a few "joint watches," but they all show clear Breitling marks.

Breitlings have consistent markings throughout the history of the company, although they did change. You seem to believe in faery dust.

Last edited by Bill in Sacramento on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:56 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
Bill in Sacramento wrote:
on any of its parts (case, movement, dial), and I presume we are not seeing the inside caseback for a reason.

Is it your watch?

Sorta looks like the case was for a hinged back cover.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:57 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Quote:
Sorta looks like the case was for a hinged back cover.

yes you are right, so it looked original

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:05 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I thought we already established that this watch is a fabrication from Argentina.

In reflecting about your history, I remember when you splashed onto the scene about four years ago. You appeared on eBay and bought up every fake watch at a ridiculous price and then tried to sell them as real. You don't appear to have learned anything in the meantime. You are still a rank novice and trade in fake watches.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:14 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Quote:
I thought we already established that this watch is a fabrication from Argentina.

What you private established, that is not what we already established. Its a big difference. We all know that you speak a lot of nonsense.

This watch dont comes from Argentinia, I bought it from an old Breitling Konzessionär in swiss. And the other comes from Belgique, Belgique is not Argentinia, if you understand.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

breitlingmuseum wrote:
Quote:

What you private established, that is not what we already established. Its a big difference. We all know that you speak a lot of nonsense.

This watch dont comes from Argentinia, I bought it from an old Breitling Konzessionär in swiss. And the other comes from Belgique, Belgique is not Argentinia, if you understand.

According to many here at the forum Bill is one whom one can trust regarding vintage breitling...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:43 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Quote:
According to many here at the forum Bill is one whom one can trust regarding vintage breitling...

And, Santa Claus still believes that Breitling was founded 1884

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:58 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I must say that I listen to the old members here at the forum more than I listen to you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:00 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Now here finally the photos of my Montbrillant watch MY
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:56 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I remember seeing that one on eBay and it gave me pause, since it showed an unusual combination insertions that I had not seen before. I thought it was odd for someone to try to fake a "Montbrillant," but they were cute enough to entrap one unwary bidder.

1. The real give-away is the US importer's mark on the movement. "RXY" was owned by Liengme & Cie, Cormoret. In other words, Liengme, as a Swiss firm, had their own import code and did not import through another firm, as Breitling did. The movement has not passed through the Breitling factory.

2. I think that is a real Breitling case from 1945. It is a correct 178 case, which typically was not signed by the company (and typically the bridge was not signed, too). I think the seller had the empty case and substituted a Liengme-marked movement. It might have been a clever thing to mark the case and movement bridge "Montbrillant" to throw off bidders expecting a mark associated with "Breitling."

3. But, a Breitling watch made in 1945 would never be signed other than "Breitling." So, there are two unambiguous "tells" for this watch.

4. I have never seen a "MONTBRILLANT WATCH MY" with a period after "MY."

5. To me, the dial looks repainted, but it does seem to have some age on it.

6. The hands may well be correct.

I see you are trying to sell the watch. I don't think you should show it off here. That is bad form for a collectors' forum. I think you should also correct your sales copy to reflect that only the case is likely Breitling and it has been defaced.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:21 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Bill, your comments are certainly food for thought, but why has it not engraved with Breitling and could immediately sell the watch without any problems if he wanted to make a fake?

And did you saw the watch by Vintage up. its the same case ?

And Bill, I am very happy to listen your expert opinion, but without any PERSONAL attacks. We all have to learn every day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:12 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

The anomaly is why I puzzled over it the first time. I can only think the fabricator tried to throw buyers off the trail of a mis-marked movement - "RXY."

I still think you should be banned for trying to use this forum as a sales platform and your general dishonesty.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:24 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Quote:
I still think you should be banned for trying to use this forum as a sales platform and your general dishonesty.

Why you are afraid for this ?

I dont want sell anything here
1. In this time nobody in the world want sell watches in the dollar area, I only buy watches in dollar countrys, its very cheap for us in europe.
2. For me its not interesting to sell any watches, what I should do with the shit paper money ? I can only buy again watches to spend this worthless paper.

Quote:
The anomaly is why I puzzled over it the first time. I can only think the fabricator tried to throw buyers off the trail of a mis-marked movement - "RXY."

Far too much effort to do so. For every good watchmakers or retailer, it is a snap to replace this part and replace with a unmarked or marked WOG. I have here more than 20 such movements are for salvaging

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:30 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

You had me convinced that you merely bought inauthentic Breitlings and tried to resell them. Now we learn that you are making them, too. For shame.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:24 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Quote:
Now we learn that you are making them, too. For shame.

What i am making ?

I let it originell, so as it is.

And you never say anything concrete to the point, only primitive personal attacks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6