Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: would you take a look??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:02 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Firstly hi all! didn't know whether to post this in ladys section or vintage! anyways ... just thought id show you this set i bought the other day... i presume its authentic, just wondered if anyone knows what the set is called?? would it have had a model name or would it just be knows by the serial number on the back... ?(sorry i know nothing about watches) also anyone know what this set might be worth?? i have done some googling and found the pendant alone for sale and 1 watch and bezel but missing the rest of the set.. how can i tell how old it is?? also idlike to clean it as it looks a bit grubby what can i use??

thanks and hope its of interest!

http://market.trustedwatch.com/show/39897

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.i-am-spamming.de/breitling-anh%25C3%2583%25C2%25A4nger-p-676.html%3FosCsid%3D6c91e6c64b85a7f03fa15f9b7a00247a&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbreitling%2Bmuseum%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhgiMSWyl0z1U0sn9XEF0jHagZpuAg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:32 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Welcome to BreitlingSource.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm afraid that I don't want to comment too specifically on this set as it was sold to you by a member on here who has been more than a little aggressive in postings and anything I say that he doesn't like will result in rude responses. Your second link doesn't work because links to his site have been banned on the forum.

What I will say is that you bought it from someone who has a reputation for having very unusual pieces that you won't find elsewhere. There are also suggestions that his prices are 'optimistic' although he will vehemently deny that.

I would recommend a professional cleaning and servicing - we have a member here - chronodeco (Craig) who does this work, but not sure if he works on ladies pieces.

I've never seen this set before so congratulations.

Forgive me for being a little reserved.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:49 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi there Roffensian, i didn't buy this set from the sites i listed on my post, i just put the links up as it was the only others like mine i could find on the web..... i bought the set privately!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:03 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
This is the first Breitling set I've seen. Looks very nice! These kit watches were popular in the fifties and sixties and were marketed by a variety of different swiss manufacturers. Most sell for less than $100 but this is the nicest I've seen.

Paul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:13 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

vintage wrote:
This is the first Breitling set I've seen. Looks very nice! These kit watches were popular in the fifties and sixties and were marketed by a variety of different swiss manufacturers. Most sell for less than $100 but this is the nicest I've seen.

Paul

thanks for the reply Paul! from what i can find on the web i think it was made in 1958... so not very valuble then :( shame i could do with some money for a holiday :) like i said it needs cleaning, i jus bought it as i thought it was "unusual" i could tell it was quite old and was pleased to see it was all there!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:26 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Matt Black wrote:
Hi there Roffensian, i didn't buy this set from the sites i listed on my post, i just put the links up as it was the only others like mine i could find on the web..... i bought the set privately!

Oh well in that case.........

:lol:

Like Paul I have never seen a Breitling set before, and no reason to think this isn't original - everything fits in the box which is clearly original. I assume from the numbering on the box that there were a few different varieties. That leads me to think that they were only made for a short period because otherwise you would expect to see more come to market. Late 50s definitely sounds right.

I would value it a little higher - it's only gold plate, but I assume that the diamonds are real and it is a very nice set. As Paul says, these sets don't tend to be valuable, but if I were selling I would try starting by asking about $500 and hope to get $300 or so. Of course if I were buying I'd only offer you a $100 :twisted:

:wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:59 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

If you want sell it, I will offer you 500,- $

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:33 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

breitlingmuseum wrote:
If you want sell it, I will offer you 500,- $

Thanks Breitlingmuseum, a good offer from what peole are saying... i was going to hang onto as i like it but amazingly i have had a much much higher offer.. one i cant turn down!! :) as im not realy a watch collector im going to let it go..
many many thanks for your offer tho!