Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:59 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Such an appreciation in fact she wanted to make it her own. :x

Saturday night I went out to a local bar in the small city I live, it's become a regular Saturday night thing for me this Summer so I usually know what to expect. On this night I arrived shortly after 11, having come from another spot I tend to do most of my drinking, and as usual I was over-doing it again. So I walk in the bar, order a drink and there's an attractive, well dressed, older woman having a drink and appears to be alone. Being 41 years old I don't typically meet anyone at this bar who's around my age and that I could possibly be interested in, which is another reason I would have noticed her. With that said, I still had no plans to approach, at least not yet, so I stayed upstairs for a few more minutes and then decided to take a walk downstairs to check it out. I stayed there just a minute or two, started to make my way back up and low in behold who's on the stairs right in front of me... you guessed it, the one from the bar... and she actually turns around and starts talking to me. Of course I think this is great, I figure I can hold my own with just about any woman I meet, and now that I have a foot in the door this might just work out great, but little did I know what was to come.

So we stand at the bar for quite some time, exchange small talk, and no doubt drink several drinks but by this point I really wasn't paying attention how much I was drinking, or even who was paying, because things were going well. She said she was 46, but definitely looked much younger, and said she was waiting for her sister, but during maybe the first 1/2 hour said her sister couldn't make it, and obviously my thinking was this just keeps getting better! I can only guess, but would say we probably spent an hour together upstairs and decided to go down and grab a table to sit and talk. Things were only getting better and for the life of me I can't remember what we talked about, but I do know my watch (Seawolf) came into the conversation, as well as the gold chain and diamond cross I had under my shirt. Still at this point no alarm bells were going off because even that subject was well blended into the conversation, and obviously being someone who likes watches it seemed like a positive thing.

Quite a bit more time passed, was after 1, and she asked if I wanted to leave. I said sure, we walked out side and she basically suggested we go somewhere, and that somewhere was going to be my place. My reply to that was, no, not really interested in that, and then she said well we can't go to my place because I'm staying at a women's shelter. That was a bit of a red flag for me, but at the same time sometimes it's actually an act of courage to get away from someone who is abusive, so I felt I couldn't exactly hold that against her. But then she said it again, we should go back to your place, and I kid you not then told me she had done this a couple of times and everything worked out. Now that was a WTF moment right there, and then before I know it she's talking to some guy who she says is a friend and within a couple of minutes she's gone with him.

I did go back in the bar, but by this time I had wasted most of my night, and the best thing I was going to get now was a slice a pizza when it was all over. It was Sunday morning when I really started to process exactly what had happened, and it started right at the staircase. I believe she seen me right away, and me being older and a little better dressed than most who were around... and the watch and chain of course, made me her target. I think she likely followed me downstairs figuring I was just going to the washroom, and then waited to make sure we met on the stairs. Then like I said she made the first move and as any single guy would do, I went with it and joined her at the bar. I then thought about when my watch and chain came up, and in hind sight it had to have been her who purposely led the conversation to it, because I never bring it up, and quite honestly no one ever cares. At least twice she had made some type of joke and pointed and said ..."Your cheap watch." ...So obviously I had told her what it was worth, something I had already decided I'd never do talking to a guy, but just didn't see a reason to keep my guard up. I also believe she wasn't ever talking to her sister, probably texting her guy friend, because how the heck does he just happen to be outside when we get there because the bar didn't close until 2. I'm not really the paranoid type, but write a friend and tell her how my night went, explained the story, and how I feel I was being set up to be robbed. A few hours later she sends me what looks like a mug shot someone posted on facebook with a warning that this woman gets people drunk, has sex with them, and then rips them off. The last guy it was only for $350, so I'm guessing her eyes would have lit up at seeing my watch, and stupid me saying what it was worth. I can't say for certain it is the same woman in the pic as who I was with, because the image is what she looks like on her worst day, compared to me seeing her at her best, but I suspect it is the same one. I never imagined this story would end up so long, but you always have to keep your guard up with the scum out there, but I tell you she was very good at putting the bait out there. Call me a fool, but I do think there was something genuine of the time we spent together, but sadly at the end of the day she'll always be a cheap thieving whore. One last thing I remember is after I commented how she looked younger, she made a comment about her being good looking and intelligent, and I guess basically trying to say I was one lucky guy to be standing there. My answer to that was, you're not smarter than I am.... and I so wish I could have got her busted and said it once again!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:49 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 3 posts
Man.... That's crazy. Be happy it ended the way it did. Things could have been a lot worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:52 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
:shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:13 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 11 posts
Sounds like you missed a sure thing :nana:

Omega Aqua Terra 8500
Rolex Submariner Date Ceramic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:43 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 0 post
That's why they're "con"fidence artists. Glad you walked away from this one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:57 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 27 posts
Now you know where to wear a cheap watch, just in case. Glad it all ended up well. We've got to be careful out there when on our own, not paranoid, just aware of certain people in certain places.