It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: COMPLAINT
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:37 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Sirs
I wish to complain about the high-handed behaviour of Roffensian. I posted an enquiry on the "Replica Breitling Identification" forum. Roffensian immediately took it upon itself to comment that the watch was fake AND TO LOCK THE TOPIC. I wanted more opinions than just rOFFENSian's high handed and offensive comments. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR. GET A MORE EVEN HANDED AND FAIR MODERATOR. THIS PERSON SUCKS>
Munmorah

Post subject: Re: COMPLAINT
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:04 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Ok fair enough for you to complain. But it's against forum rules to discuss fakes/replicas. If you wish to do that, do it on your own forum. Rules are rules. Personally I'd take a hammer to that watch you posted.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:13 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 1 post
Just seen the aforementioned watch, why on earth would you buy that, let alone want more information on it?
As Roff said, nasty cheap fake - only good for two things: the bin or the hammer.

Rolex milgauss GV
Olivant and Botsford 40mm Gold edition

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:02 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
Not really clear what you are complaining about ?

This is what moderators do - they try to assure forum rules are followed ?

This forum is among the most lenient I know; anything goes, as long as some basic rules of respect are followed, some
rules regarding sales listings - and the one rule clearly stated: no discussions about "replicas" besides identification,

We are spending quite a lot of time and effort here to identify fakes and help people not to get cheated.

Calling the junk you posted a "replica" would be giving it to much honors; it is pathetic, nasty junk that nobody
here is interested to discuss.

Discuss and complain somewhere else, please ?

p.s.: the "rOFFENSian" was a nice touch - untrue, unfair, but made me chuckle, thanks for that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:21 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Grow a pair

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 1 post
I sometimes find his language to be a bit interesting and perhaps even a little more blunt than I would personally use, but there are many reasons, both ethical and legal, fakes are not discussed. The model you had was so fake Ray Charles could have seen it. This thread has not been locked, which shows you have a right to voice your dissent. However, there isn't much to a fake. If it is a fake then it is a fake and so on this form, discussion ends there and then.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:19 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
This is a forum about genuine Breitling watches, if you want to discuss about fakes, there are two other replica forums online.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:43 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
I apologise for enforcing the rules (which I didn't establish incidentally), and am doubtless going to cause more offence now by moving this to the Off Topic section.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:36 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 11 posts
LOL

Omega Aqua Terra 8500
Rolex Submariner Date Ceramic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:04 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 85 posts
Well, you ended up getting your extra opinions here in this thread. Are you convinced now that what you have bought is a really bad quality fake? :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:08 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
dlNYC wrote:
Well, you ended up getting your extra opinions here in this thread. Are you convinced now that what you have bought is a really bad quality fake? :)

I actually said to someone via PM this morning, that one of the primary reasons why threads asking to discuss fakes pieces rather than just identify them are locked is to prevent exactly this kind of reaction. Oh well........

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:16 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 85 posts
At least I didn't tell him to take a hammer to it. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:55 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
Dear Sir,

Thank you for lodging you complaint. We take our forum members, especially the non-contributing ones, very seriously and endeavor to do our utmost to ensure sensitive feelings and emotions are coddled in a way that will give rise to future sniveling behavior. It is in this regard we have reviewed your complaint.

Please understand that the purpose of the Replica Identification forum is to identify fakes so no one is scammed by one. It serves an interest to our forum community unsure about a prospective purchase. The forum also actively scans eBay for sellers attempting to pass off fakes, reports them and aids the consuming public at large. What we do NOT do here is provide information which furthers the interests of owning fakes including, in your case, providing information about how close to real is a fake you knowingly choose to own. Please understand our concern is fake owners often use legitimate forums like ours to see how "good" their POS fakes are and then, in turn, they end up on eBay. In short, when it comes to fakes there are some things up with we will not put!

It is not the intention of the Moderators or members to cause any distress to any member, even the clearly misguided. Our Moderators are duly mindful of the overly sensitize members of society and do not wish to cause anyone to suffer humiliation or PTSD. In that regard, Roff saved you a raft of humiliation from the forum members by locking your thread. He was, in fact, your guardian angel. Frankly, it is our collective judgment you should be out in crowded "Black Friday" stores picking out the perfect Christmas present for our esteemed co-Moderator.

But since you have re-opened this naively nonsensical subject to the members at large, you have assumed the risk of any permanent damage which may be caused from the cognitive dissonance which may result.

Let us be clear - we are not and never will be a forum which tolerates fakes nor will the job of our moderators be to explain the facts of life to those who want information on their fake watch. May we suggest a trip to Canal Street where the vendors will be more than happy to validate you and your watch?

With Warmest Regards,
Sharkman, individually and not in capacity as Forum Facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:44 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

:yeahthat
sharkman wrote:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for lodging you complaint. We take our forum members, especially the non-contributing ones, very seriously and endeavor to do our utmost to ensure sensitive feelings and emotions are coddled in a way that will give rise to future sniveling behavior. It is in this regard we have reviewed your complaint.

Please understand that the purpose of the Replica Identification forum is to identify fakes so no one is scammed by one. It serves an interest to our forum community unsure about a prospective purchase. The forum also actively scans eBay for sellers attempting to pass off fakes, reports them and aids the consuming public at large. What we do NOT do here is provide information which furthers the interests of owning fakes including, in your case, providing information about how close to real is a fake you knowingly choose to own. Please understand our concern is fake owners often use legitimate forums like ours to see how "good" their POS fakes are and then, in turn, they end up on eBay. In short, when it comes to fakes there are some things up with we will not put!

It is not the intention of the Moderators or members to cause any distress to any member, even the clearly misguided. Our Moderators are duly mindful of the overly sensitize members of society and do not wish to cause anyone to suffer humiliation or PTSD. In that regard, Roff saved you a raft of humiliation from the forum members by locking your thread. He was, in fact, your guardian angel. Frankly, it is our collective judgment you should be out in crowded "Black Friday" stores picking out the perfect Christmas present for our esteemed co-Moderator.

But since you have re-opened this naively nonsensical subject to the members at large, you have assumed the risk of any permanent damage which may be caused from the cognitive dissonance which may result.

Let us be clear - we are not and never will be a forum which tolerates fakes nor will the job of our moderators be to explain the facts of life to those who want information on their fake watch. May we suggest a trip to Canal Street where the vendors will be more than happy to validate you and your watch?

With Warmest Regards,
Sharkman, individually and not in capacity as Forum Facilitator

Spoken like a true lawyer. Except the Warmest Regards part. :nana:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:51 am 

Liked in: 33 posts
dlNYC wrote:
At least I didn't tell him to take a hammer to it. :)

P.S. - Take a hammer to it.