Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:42 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 4 posts
jlee5050 wrote:
You got me on the itunes issue... no doubt... Samsung makes an excellent product (trust me I'm Korean and some of my motherland pride is kicking in) For me the weight was negligent. It was more of the size. Not too keen on the big screen. It was too big IMO and there's no way in hell I'm wearing a holster.

Another issue is for the less tech savvy, I have talked to many people and based on my experiences, a lot of people do prefer the iOS over Android. For people like us it might not be an issue but another example is my mother who never touched a smartphone before in her entire life liked the iPhone much better than Android's layout.

And trust me F14, I may be young (ok maybe not that young) but I've eaten a lot of "fish" too. :wink:

I believe you, no worries.

I was an Ericsson fan since...forever. I usually try to favor European products (if that makes sense anymore with the globalization) when I can because I believe Asian producers do not play by the same rules which explains in part their market share. However, I was so disappointed with their new products that I wanted a new beginning. Since I do not like Nokia and hate i-tunes, I was left with "Asian" products. And the Galaxy SII was the clear winner. What hit me first with it when I first saw it at my local provider was the awesome quality of the screen. It was placed side by side with an i-phone and, for a moment, I thought that there was a sticker with a great eye-catching pic on its screen. But there was no sticker, it was the real stuff. Such was the difference between the two screens. Then, I got to know it better. For me, it offered more for less. Not to mention that I've got an excellent offer: $ 30 with a two-year extension of my contract (something that I would have done anyway) for a device priced at $ 600. I have it now for 5 months and I, literally, cannot put it down. I do things I was not even doing with my laptop.

I agree with you for the size: it was the only thing that worried me a bit. Sure it is the thinner device on the market but, like you, I don't use holsters (except for my gun :nana: ). But I got used to it in really no time and it doesn't bother me even with a suit.

As for older people that have never had a smartphone in hand, they don't really need one, so a simpler phone would do just fine. If they do need one, then they'll learn how to use it. Android or ios.

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.