The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:41 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 4 posts
Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry to hear about all of your problems.

I can only say that I'm more thrilled with my Galaxy SII.

1. WiFi connection is amazing, in fact much better than any of the laptops or the computers in the family. If I get a mail (or a tapatalk alert) it arrives 3-4 minutes before on my Galaxy.
2. I have disabled the automatic network research and put it on manual because I live near the French border. The Galaxy is so capable that it works first with the French network and then with the Swiss which has a weaker signal.
3. Internet access is instantaneous and so fast that you can't believe. My brother-in-law's iphone needs at least 30 to 45 seconds more to load the same page.
4. Hopping from one app to the other is also lightening fast and you barely have to touch the screen (almost too sensitive).
5. Typing a text, message etc is really easy with the Swype keybord.
6. Connecting with a laptop or a computer is so convenient with the Kies Air app: you just enter the URL provided in your PCs browser and you can easily modify or backup your phone's data from your PC. No need to depend on that damn itunes. :twisted:
7. Its screen is the largest around as is its luminosity and readability (thanks Amoled).
etc. etc. etc.

The icing of the cake is that I got all that for a mere $25 (with a 2-year extension but I wasn't planning to change provider anyhow as my current has the best connectivity, even though it's not the cheapest).

So, my humble suggestion to you would be: get a Samsung Galaxy SII: you won't regret it.

Now, I know that the majority of you guys have an i-phone (even some die-hards) but that is normal as most of you are America-based. And I see a Rolex-Breitling parallel here, so let me quote what Tom said at another thread:

sharkman wrote:
If I have never eaten fish and I tell you I hate salmon, my opinion means nothing. If I eat fish, have never tried salmon, and tell you the appearance and smell lead me to believe it is over-priced, my opinion means very little. If I have only eaten salmon and tell you it's the best fish in the world, my opinion means next to nothing. But if I regularly eat all varieties of fish, believe salmon sucks, then break down and try it and love it, my opinion means quite a bit.

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:08 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

In the meantime, a brand new i-phone 4s provoked a fire because of problems with its battery on flight ZL 319 of Regional Express on November 25.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Tapatalk

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:19 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I know you have already picked up your GSII F14D, but just keep an eye on your signal. I switched from AT&T (long time iPhone customer) to Sprint to try the GSII, and I had an issue with losing service and having to reboot once I would finally notice it. Great phone with an amazing screen, but being active duty and not having a home phone made the LoS issue a deal breaker (along with the terrible battery life). Now I'm back to iPhone on Sprint's network.

I know many people dislike Apple grip on what you can and can't do, but I think for the most part it adds a level of QC and reliability. All of this is IMHO and if you aren't having any issues with your GSII, you have an amazing device!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:52 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

No issues whatsoever with my Galaxy, in fact I use it more than my laptop as you can see. Great device and not dependent on I-Tunes:twisted:

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:02 pm 
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!

Not sure what I was using the first time I posted in this thread, but I recently converted to an iphone. My goodness, its freaking perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:37 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 12 posts
RJRJRJ wrote:
Not sure what I was using the first time I posted in this thread, but I recently converted to an iphone. My goodness, its freaking perfect.

I couldn't agree more. I've had iPhone 4 since October(?) and I haven't had it lock up once or any apps freeze up like my old droid. Apps open quickly, downloads are fast enough, my computer is faster but it's a friggin phone, service has been outstanding with no dropped calls and using it as an iPod is very intuitive unlike my droid was. I do miss the google navigation but that's it. My wife has a droid x and I hate that thing, she'll be getting the 4S in February.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:39 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 11 posts
I swear by my iphone 4. I have had ZERO problems with it whatsoever. I had the 3G before this and I think I'm an apple phone guy for life. Everything is so easy and it just works. Apple has the largest most robust app store and online music / movie store around. Thomas, if you hold the power button down on the top of the phone you will see a red slider switch on the top of the screen, this is how you power down the phone. As for your other issues.. well those sound like carrier issues and / or just a bad unit.

Omega Aqua Terra 8500
Rolex Submariner Date Ceramic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:18 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 12 posts
sco wrote:
Thomas, if you hold the power button down on the top of the phone you will see a red slider switch on the top of the screen, this is how you power down the phone.

Thanks, I never knew that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:31 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

roman4405 wrote:
Apps open quickly, downloads are fast enough, my computer is faster but it's a friggin phone

Admittedly, the Galaxy is faster, in spite of being o friggin phone. :wink: :nana:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:32 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

F14D_Tomcat wrote:
roman4405 wrote:
Apps open quickly, downloads are fast enough, my computer is faster but it's a friggin phone

Admittedly, the Galaxy is faster, in spite of being o friggin phone. :wink: :nana:

It will be interesting to compare Galaxy III and iPad 3...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:13 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
I switched from a droid based to iPhone a few months ago. It is the most seemless, intuitive device I've owned. Even the keyboard and autocorrect work much better than any my droid, admittedly not the Galaxy SII.

My only gripe is the Navigation pales in comparision to the droid Navigation. I did download the full Garmin app which is pretty good, but still a bit clumsy compared to the droid GPS.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:33 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Good bump. I recently picked up the Galaxy Nexus...all I can say is wow. This is thing is an absolute beast running Ice Cream Sandwich. One thing I've been playing around with the past few days are NFC chips and being able to swipe my phone over credit card machines and paying for stuff without ever taking out my wallet...pretty cool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:30 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

I'll throw in my 2c...

recently went to Sprint with their unlimited data/text plan with a 4s... never had a problem with anything so far. Of course the battery is always going to be an issue, but it's a smartphone so can't do anything about it.

I'll have to agree with RJ and some others... Android doesn't quite do it for me... plus with the jailbreak it's cool how I can customize everything... facetime on 3g anyone?

That dual core processor is zippy as hell and the camera is fast... never thought I'd end up with an iPhone but now I know why a lot of people have them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:06 pm 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Still... MUCH slower than a Galaxy SII with a smaller and lower quality screen and heavier.

Plus, no need of jailbreak or any other break to customize a Galaxy SII. And, most important, totally free and independent from iTunes. :twisted:

jlee5050 wrote:
now I know why a lot of people have them.

I can assure you that a good percentage among these have it because it is "in" to have an i-product and not for its specifications. You'll be amazed at how many really know how to use all available features.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:23 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

You got me on the itunes issue... no doubt... Samsung makes an excellent product (trust me I'm Korean and some of my motherland pride is kicking in) For me the weight was negligent. It was more of the size. Not too keen on the big screen. It was too big IMO and there's no way in hell I'm wearing a holster.

Another issue is for the less tech savvy, I have talked to many people and based on my experiences, a lot of people do prefer the iOS over Android. For people like us it might not be an issue but another example is my mother who never touched a smartphone before in her entire life liked the iPhone much better than Android's layout.

And trust me F14, I may be young (ok maybe not that young) but I've eaten a lot of "fish" too. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next