Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Weapons Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:37 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I have to go with johnnyboomboombuck here. It is very hard in the UK to obtain anything other then a shotgun and even that can be tricky. I have an interest in guns and always have from a young age but due to the restrictions I only own air guns, I currently have a rifle and 3 pistols and I would have a lot more if funds permitted. Not because I need more but because every gun has its own feel and look, like a watch. If permitted I would have a whole range of real firearms not because I'm psychotic or planning for when the aliens come but because I would enjoy looking at, holding and shooting each and every one. There are, on the other hand, people that should not be allowed to own any sort of weapon and thats where screening should eliminate these people. In America especially there is a need to own a gun as the chances of the person breaking into your home having a gun is a lot greater and your laws permit you to defend your property and family as you see fit. Over here even the mention of using any form of weapon for self defence will have you in big trouble.

For me anyway having 40 guns is no stranger than having 40 watches and I would happily have both :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:58 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

The Second Amendment That was created so Americans could defend them selfs in case the British showed up to take your county and liberty . I got news for you they ain't coming . A little bit about me ,Canadian own 137 watches bought a new one today I own 1 gun I keep it in a safe in L.A and I have a license to carry in USA . Its a 50 cal Desert Eagle. Happy Trails . :yeahthat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:40 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

"Its a 50 cal Desert Eagle. Happy Trails ."
I know this is a silly question and all, but how is the accuracy and handling of this weapon? I've never fired a .50 sidearm, only rifles (2 different ones), and must admit that I'd probably not be very good at it. The .45 has always been my choice for pistol. Besides, I'd probably knock my elbow into my shoulder, even w/ a 2 handed stance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:48 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

"That degraded pretty quickly... If you ever need a companion to dump 9mm from your MP5 do let me know. Spray and pray has always been my philosophy to cover my poor handgun shooting capabilities."

The only thing really degrading these days is my eyesight and accuracy at the range!
No need to argue on my part. I see the point. However, I still contend that I personally have issues with collecting, especially watches. I'm approaching 100 Swiss pieces currently, and thinking from a practical standpoint, I have absolutely no need for that many. Still, I collect and recently installed another safe.

If you are serious about shooting, we should stay in touch. There are a multitude of great places to shoot in the MD/VA/D.C. area, if that is where you are. I do not, however, admit to spraying and praying.....and I challenge anyone to produce film of me doing so.....oh wait....(the MP5 is a fun weapon to do so, btw...less heating of the barrel and quick mag change ability. Great for laying cover fire...)
-jbbb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:55 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

supertaz1 wrote:
The Second Amendment That was created so Americans could defend them selfs in case the British showed up to take your county and liberty . I got news for you they ain't coming . A little bit about me ,Canadian own 137 watches bought a new one today I own 1 gun I keep it in a safe in L.A and I have a license to carry in USA . Its a 50 cal Desert Eagle. Happy Trails . :yeahthat

The truest of truths...the 2nd Amendment was a 'Do Not Walk On The grass' sign for all of Europe. Not just England.
And 100 years later it wasn't needed ..And today, It's not needed. Such thinking would dictate that every American
should have the right to a Nuke. Also, this collecting is an O.C. D. We are SICK...Just like Alcoholics...The first step is to
admit it....This is MHO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:55 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Twotone,
What is your response to those who believe that the Second Amendment is now a possible stop-gap to government intrusion into/on the rights of the populace, i.e., 'marshall law' with little or no reason and no explanation. I recognize I am showing my paranoid side with this. However, just playing devils advocate not conspiracist, I assure you.
-jbbb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:11 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

johnnyboomboombuck wrote:
Twotone,
What is your response to those who believe that the Second Amendment is now a possible stop-gap to government intrusion into/on the rights of the populace, i.e., 'marshall law' with little or no reason and no explanation. I recognize I am showing my paranoid side with this. However, just playing devils advocate not conspiracist, I assure you.
-jbbb
The Nazis said the same thing...b/4 they took control..Nazi party as a private army to Hitler.
All dictators use the same statements.On the way to becoming dictator. The govt. is in control...The Minutemen are a problem not a cure..
We...The people. Not we the guys with guns....We are right and you are wrong. Do as I say...Or I'll shoot you!
I served my country for many years...But with a legal warrant issued to
every American military person.Law is law....Gun toting, hate spouting Supremists are dangerous!!
Years ago I took some friends down to Mexico. We had been there for about 20-30min. and we noticed Cops on the
corner carrying Sub-machine guns. I told my friends let's go...We're going back to San Diego.
I told them I don't stay in countries where the Cops stand on street corners with M.G.'s
They said are you scared of the police? I said no I'm scared of the people the Cops are scared of!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:14 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I really don't want to stir a hornets nest , my watch collecting is not OCD is a paying hobbies I have enjoyed for over 30 years I buy sell and trade watches .

This is where I stir it up the USA is the powerful country on the planet , there are more gun murders and shootings in any 2 major cities combined, than in all of Canada combined in 2011. I know guns don't kill people . Crazy MF with moustaches do. By the way if you go to Europe you will see cops carrying machine guns.

About Mexico over 50,000 murders in one year (drug wars ) why would you visit in the first place your playing roulette ,a game the police there don't want to play. Hence machine guns.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:30 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

"The Nazis said the same thing...b/4 they took control..Nazi party as a private army to Hitler.
All dictators use the same statements.On the way to becoming dictator. The govt. is in control...The Minutemen are a problem not a cure..
We...The people. Not we the guys with guns....We are right and you are wrong. Do as I say...Or I'll shoot you!
I served my country for many years...But with a legal warrant issued to
every American military person.Law is law....Gun toting, hate spouting Supremists are dangerous!!

I think I see your point. Especially with the militias.
What I mean, though, is not a private army per se. That is where the militias, as a rule, go very wrong. They are a group of organized (some would argue semi-organized, or just plain disorganized) citizens who begin to create "law" in their own 'image', if you will. That, I hope we can agree, is extremely wrong. My point is individual citizens who choose to responsibly own a weapon. Responsibly means, well, following the law in your State, etc. Have it registered. Practice safe control and usage of the weapon.

Where I disagree is that the 'government is in control' portion of your post.

I don't think they are, entirely. Not here in the U.S. Not anymore. So many useless laws have been created and enforced, and for what? Control. Control of the populace beyond a representative democracy/republic.
And that scares me. Left. Right. Centrist. The seat of power has forgotten what responsible governing means. Watching how much 'my'
government has moved towards a quasi nazi-styled state over the last half century bothers me. No. It scares me. As a consequence, I retain ownership of my weapons. While further discussion (on my part, as I have begun to travel down a different road at this point) of this is best left for another post entirely, I welcome your response and your honesty in the previous post as well as any future posts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:43 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I have the 2 most frightening words ever uttered in the USA one that needs to be researched by every American . If you think your not living in a police state your sadly mistaken .Get and read a copy of the "PATRIOT ACT" I recomend reading it with a gun in one hand and a diaper on .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:52 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

supertaz1 wrote:
I really don't want to stir a hornets nest , my watch collecting is not OCD is a paying hobbies I have enjoyed for over 30 years I buy sell and trade watches .

This is where I stir it up the USA is the powerful country on the planet , there are more gun murders and shootings in any 2 major cities combined, than in all of Canada combined in 2011. I know guns don't kill people . Crazy MF with moustaches do. By the way if you go to Europe you will see cops carrying machine guns.

About Mexico over 50,000 murders in one year (drug wars ) why would you visit in the first place your playing roulette ,a game the police there don't want to play. Hence machine guns.

That's why I left Mexico and never went back.
I lived in Germany for a year..1968....You say the police have guns on the streets...I 'll stay home.
If I leave America it will be to visit a nice, clean, safe country ...Canada or Japan (lived in Japan 3 yrs.)
I think this is my last post on this subject I own two of the finest watches in the world...Rolex and Breitling .
Let's discuss that

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:12 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 24 posts
Twotone540 wrote:
I own two of the finest watches in the world...Rolex and Breitling .
Let's discuss that

:yeahthat
Agreed.....

:lingsrock:

A Few Breitlings.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 4 posts
Read both threads on guns. Didn't really want to post any comment.

But just to show the difference of mentality in the countries around the world, in Switzerland every male has his army riffle at home from 18 up to the age of 50. He also keeps two rounds of ammo with it. And there has not been any more shooting for that matter than neighboring Austria or Germany for example. Also, everyone may apply for a gun permit which is generally granted after the usual checks.

The police have MGs. But that does not make them any more efficient. Because they are only really trained to hunt down drivers. Armed with MGs of course. They appear more serious that way. It's easier and safer. So when the real bad guys show up, generally from France, armed with calibers from AK 47's and up and with hand grenades, not only they are not prepared to face them but they usually show up when the feast is over. The time to stand off their radars, you see. In the Geneva area alone, bank robberies were up 70% in 2011, post office robberies 50%. And over 90% of them were made by foreigners, most of them living outside the country, the rest being illegal aliens. Numbers hard to believe when they were announced. The French border is very near and it's only a 90' drive from Lyon where these gangs are usually based. Daytime assaults on passer buys are also frequent. Of course, the Swiss try not to cry out loud about that, Geneva being a city where many international organizations call home, on top of so many international exhibitions. Yep, Switzerland is not the safe heaven it used to be. Even if, I have to admit, it still is safer than some other places in the world.

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Only one firearm maker in the world worthy of my money, HK , nuff said

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

MacApple wrote: