Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: New work toy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:56 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I can only comment on my own experience, I personally could never switch back to a windows OS.
I would definitely recommend getting an Air over an iPad, I have both and the iPad just isn't a complete enough piece of technology to replace a laptop.

Luke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 17 posts
I know people adore their Macs, but I can't bring myself to switch. I have an iPhone and I absolutely love it (owned three in total). However, I don't think a Mac works well for the business world, which is what I need a laptop for. I would be most irritated by having to carry around an adapter just to plug in a projector.

Additionally, among my MBA class, I've heard more people complaining about their Macs breaking than anyone with a PC. Some have even lost entire hard drives. The Mac people are in the minority as well, with about a 30/70 split between Macs and PCs. I'm certainly not trying to prove any unreliability issues, as I think plenty of PC manufacturers are far more unreliable, I'm simply making an observation.

However, I absolutely LOVE my Lenovo Thinkpad. Sure, it's not sexy like a Mac, doesn't have a beautiful display like a Mac, and certainly doesn't have the battery life of a Mac, but at the end of the day, the thing just works. It's fast, doesn't give me any issues, and is resilient as hell. Also, the little red rubber scrolling thing in the center of the keyboard is amazing. Others have tried to imitate, but I haven't found another manufacturer that's been able to replicate how great the Thinkpad scrolling works. You guys can keep your Macs. I'll take a Thinkpad any day.

Navitimer 01- Limited Edition #1337/2000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:28 pm 
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!

Liked in: 0 post
bozman52 wrote:
I know people adore their Macs, but I can't bring myself to switch. I have an iPhone and I absolutely love it (owned three in total). However, I don't think a Mac works well for the business world, which is what I need a laptop for. I would be most irritated by having to carry around an adapter just to plug in a projector.

Additionally, among my MBA class, I've heard more people complaining about their Macs breaking than anyone with a PC. Some have even lost entire hard drives. The Mac people are in the minority as well, with about a 30/70 split between Macs and PCs. I'm certainly not trying to prove any unreliability issues, as I think plenty of PC manufacturers are far more unreliable, I'm simply making an observation.

However, I absolutely LOVE my Lenovo Thinkpad. Sure, it's not sexy like a Mac, doesn't have a beautiful display like a Mac, and certainly doesn't have the battery life of a Mac, but at the end of the day, the thing just works. It's fast, doesn't give me any issues, and is resilient as hell. Also, the little red rubber scrolling thing in the center of the keyboard is amazing. Others have tried to imitate, but I haven't found another manufacturer that's been able to replicate how great the Thinkpad scrolling works. You guys can keep your Macs. I'll take a Thinkpad any day.

Your post reminded me that my hard drive cable failed just outside of my warranty period. Fortunately im pretty computer savvy, so I was able to replace it myself, but it was a PIA...and Mac parts apparently arent the easiest things to find at your local shop.

And im with you 100% on the Thinkpad. I had one before my Mac, and it was the best laptop ive ever owned. Those things are absolutely bulletproof. Not cheap though...