Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Members opinions
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:45 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I realize I am a newbie here...but I have 100% positive Ebay feedback and I also buy and sell custom pool cues on AZ Billiards between $250.00 - $8500.00, so I can vouch for who I am.

My question is, when a new member that just joined March 10 and has 0 comments on this forum...how would you all go about doing business with this person? This person is wanting to buy a watch of mine and I am just wondering how this forum goes about protecting themselves?

Thank you all for your opinions
Shawn

ps....sorry MODS if this is in the wrong forum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:57 pm 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
He would have to agree to wire transfer the funds and wait until the funds clear if he has no feedback here or elsewhere IMO. PayPal can be a nightmare for sellers as we have seen before on this site.

Didn't I see this post a while ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:20 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 20 posts
Follow sharks advice. Don't accept PayPal and definitely don't even consider western union. No cash on delivery, no money orders, no bank deposits. Wire ONLY. If your feedback is as strong as you say then no serious buyer should hesitate.

Post subject: Re: Members opinions
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:24 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

mfserge wrote:
Follow sharks advice. Don't accept PayPal and definitely don't even consider western union. No cash on delivery, no money orders, no bank deposits. Wire ONLY. If your feedback is as strong as you say then no serious buyer should hesitate.

Oh, I am not saying this about myself. Someone is wanting one of my watches and they are basucally an unknown.

I have never done a wire transaction. The only way I have bought and sold was through US Postal Money order and through paypal. I have sold multiple $5000-$8000 pool cues using paypal with no problem at all. Although, I have heard horror stories, I guess I have just been lucky.

How does one go about a wire transfer?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:31 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Paypal is Satan for anything more than a hundred bucks!!!! A Wire is very simple ,and works better than any other payment method. Just contact your bank for routing info ,and then give it to the potential buyer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:33 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

MacApple wrote:
Paypal is Satan for anything more than a hundred bucks!!!! A Wire is very simple ,and works better than any other payment method. Just contact your bank for routing info ,and then give it to the potential buyer.

Ok, thank you.

Like I have said, I have sold over $130k in pool cues using mostly paypal and never had an issue..but I would feel more comfortable going through the bank...thanks for all the help guys!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:54 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

sharkman wrote:
He would have to agree to wire transfer the funds and wait until the funds clear if he has no feedback here or elsewhere IMO. PayPal can be a nightmare for sellers as we have seen before on this site.

Didn't I see this post a while ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:yeahthat

Sound advice!

~ RotaryRx7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Well I recently did a direct deposit for a watch purchased... just make sure 110% that the funds were deposited in cold hard cash, not money order, not check, no cashier's check, etc... just CASH... you can find out through your local branch...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:22 am 

Liked in: 33 posts
ftgokie wrote:
MacApple wrote:

Ok, thank you.

Like I have said, I have sold over $130k in pool cues using mostly paypal and never had an issue..but I would feel more comfortable going through the bank...thanks for all the help guys!

The problem is I doubt there is a massive pool cue fake market like with watches. A buyer can have a $100 POS fake of a several thousand $$ watch. When the genuine arrives, he can take the fake to a jeweler who gives him a letter it is obviously fake. EVEN IF you ultimately prevail, paypal immediately jerks the money from the seller and it can takes months to get it back.

On the other hand, I see you are offering your watch for $900 so perhaps there isn't much risk using paypal on that one. But when several thousand dollars are at stake, no way unless I know the buyer or the buyer's feedback is very strong, and I am convinced the buyer hasn't hacked someone's forum (or eBay) account.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:07 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 20 posts
jlee5050 wrote:
Well I recently did a direct deposit for a watch purchased... just make sure 110% that the funds were deposited in cold hard cash, not money order, not check, no cashier's check, etc... just CASH... you can find out through your local branch...

Very VERY important to confirm with your bank that the funds were deposited in CASH.

Here is the scam: I go to your bank and deposit a bad money order or bad check. It shows up in your online account that there is an incoming deposit so you think it's safe to send the watch. You ship the watch, then a few days later the check that was deposited into your account bounces and you're out the money and the watch!

for me, it MUST be a wire or a cash deposit. Unless I know the guy on here, in that case the rules are different.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

mfserge wrote:
jlee5050 wrote:

Very VERY important to confirm with your bank that the funds were deposited in CASH.

Here is the scam: I go to your bank and deposit a bad money order or bad check. It shows up in your online account that there is an incoming deposit so you think it's safe to send the watch. You ship the watch, then a few days later the check that was deposited into your account bounces and you're out the money and the watch!

for me, it MUST be a wire or a cash deposit. Unless I know the guy on here, in that case the rules are different.

:yeahthat