The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
 
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:38 pm 
Offline
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 539
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Am I correct in thinking it is around $400+? It seems kind of expensive if I am correct.

_________________
Cheers,
Christopher


Currently...
Blackbird, Black Hercules, PAM 000
Down to a humble three...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:42 pm 
Offline
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:19 am
Posts: 6003
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Location: Arkansas, USA
2009-2009 U.S. suggested retail for Ocean Racer 20/24mm is $410.00. :D
Seems expensive to me too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:01 pm 
Offline
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:27 pm
Posts: 4302
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Location: Los Angeles
br549 wrote:
2009-2009 U.S. suggested retail for Ocean Racer 20/24mm is $410.00. :D
Seems expensive to me too.


The majority of that price is for the deployant clasp. The rubber alone is something like $75.

They expensive, but if you havent played with one in person, you should as they are very, very cool. ...Still expensive, but at least youll kind of understand why.

_________________
-RJ


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:52 am 
Offline
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 539
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
RJRJRJ wrote:
br549 wrote:
2009-2009 U.S. suggested retail for Ocean Racer 20/24mm is $410.00. :D
Seems expensive to me too.


The majority of that price is for the deployant clasp. The rubber alone is something like $75.

They expensive, but if you havent played with one in person, you should as they are very, very cool. ...Still expensive, but at least youll kind of understand why.



Any trick to sizing them?

_________________
Cheers,
Christopher


Currently...
Blackbird, Black Hercules, PAM 000
Down to a humble three...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:35 am 
Offline
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:09 am
Posts: 36521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 485 posts
Location: Ontario, Canada
Legmaker72 wrote:
RJRJRJ wrote:
br549 wrote:
2009-2009 U.S. suggested retail for Ocean Racer 20/24mm is $410.00. :D
Seems expensive to me too.


The majority of that price is for the deployant clasp. The rubber alone is something like $75.

They expensive, but if you havent played with one in person, you should as they are very, very cool. ...Still expensive, but at least youll kind of understand why.



Any trick to sizing them?


Someone (I think aleister) posted a guide a few months ago.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:44 pm 
Offline
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 12:21 pm
Posts: 395
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Location: Ontario, Canada
$410 wow!

Anniversary long gone, Christmas has past, Valentines day come and gone......ahhh yes up coming birthday. Need to start dropping more hints :poke:

_________________
Jerome


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
 


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group