Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:58 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
Just remember to buy the watch YOU like for YOUR reasons... It's easy to get carried away in forums, especially when other people strongly advertises their opinions.

I had plans for a Blackbird a while ago, but I found the special version I wanted of it a bit too expensive. I believe that either Breitling you go for, you'll like it a lot.

But, it's true as they tell you - even if you think the SA is huge in the beginning, you get used to it quite quickly. Although I don't agree that any smaller watch diminishes after wearing the SA - I think that if you feel like that, you have bought your SA for the wrong reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:57 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Grey,

The Aquos is a full 1080-p LCD-TV and it's great. I also got the Samsung Blue Ray player so I can enjoy the 1080-p Blue Ray movies. Sharp is the company that invented LCD's and they are great but make sure you get the Super Avenger first, TV's are extremely important but the Full Ling is essential.

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:13 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
For me, the Blackbird is rather disapointing. It is hardly selling, the only difference to the Chronomat Evolution is the large date, which to my opinion is quite small, directly below the chronograph second and somehow unsatisfactory compared to the Glashütte Original. The Bentley 6,75, which has the same date is a unique model at least.

BG
Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:55 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

went to look at and buy a blackbird today when the ad showed me an evolution that had been returned as the owner said it didn't go with what he had after he asked for a bracelet for it.
It was a black face with silver dials on a bracelet and it looked luurrrvvvly

now i don't know what to do????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:51 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Does the Blackbird have a different / better movement than the Evo? I am trying to find out why the B-Bird is more expensive.. well in South Africa it is, about R10 000 ($1400) more.

What would you rather have?

Blackbird on SS bracelet or
Evo on leather

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:55 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Tough choice, I would go for the Evo and get the bracelet when I can afford it.

I think the blackbird is more expensive because its a limited edition of the Evo plus the big date display requires a more complicated movement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:23 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Good point about the movement Altair!

I think I would go for the Blackbird on steel. I would rather take the extra expense up front rather than have to face it down the line. Who knows what the prices will be like in the future based on the current US$ exchange rates

Anyway, off to surf the net for places I can win a Ling :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:13 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

As far as I know, the Blackbird has the same movement, that was in the Crosswind Special some years ago. That was a little bit problematic as I remember, but that might have been in prechronometer times.

BG
Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:08 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

How credible is the C.O.S.C certification? I know that companies like IWC do not submit their movements for certification because they have built an in house testing standard which is apparently more stringent than that of C.O.S.C.

Im sure that if companies like Breitling, Rolex, Omega, Patek... submit their movements, they must have faith in the certification?

Here is a link to the article http://www.timezone.com/library/wbore/w ... 4647656250

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:38 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

The big advantage of COSC is, that the testing is done by someone not directly working for the watchcompany. Internal testing can be bent, adjusted worked around. But meeting the standards for an official test is something different.

Just compare it:
If You do the test for a drivers license it is a lot more difficult than setting up a list of skills, You have to have and then decide, if You can drive a car by Yourself.

BG
Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:59 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Grey wrote:
Hi Everyone

I would like to buy a second Breitling. I like the Blackbird quite a lot and would like to get one. What are general feelings about this model? I see that there is not much discussion on this forum about the Blackbird. Does anyone here own one?

Is it a model that is about to be discontinued? what is the quality of the movement like? Any info you have will be great!

Look forward to your responses

Regards
Graeme

I don't think they will discontinue it any time soon. They just recently updated it with a new movement with the large calendar. I think it looks outstanding, with the background of the calendar black to match the dial. Breitling also recently updated their website, and with it choices of other bracelets for the Blackbird, including the Ocean Racer strap. I really like the steel strap, though, since it is a Pilot bracelet modified to be unique to the Blackbird with the faceted edges and brushed finish. I went today - yet again - to have another look, and still really love it. I am itching to get a new highend watch, was waiting for the Omega Hour Vision, which is outstanding, but for 8100.00cad just not a good value in my book. I really don't need the exhibition back, and also on the Hour Vision the crystal extends on all the sides as well. It really is a work of art, but 8100.00 for the base stainless steel is just too rich for me.
Cheers,
Carl