It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Chrono Avenger Broken.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:49 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi all,
Let me start by saying hello and what a great place this is for all things Breitling. I have refered to this site numerous times in the run-up to purchasing my Chrono Avenger 3 weeks ago and now that I have a problem I am hoping that you guys can help.

Firstly, I noticed that my CA was starting to change date around 8 and completing the change almost immediately resulting in the wrong date being displayed for the last 4 hours of the day... worse as to come though as last night my CA stopped completely and no ammount of manual winding or jiggling will get it started again.

I am absolutely gutted. I searched long and hard to find a dealer who still had the exact model I wanted before the last of the CA's dissapeared to be replaced by the Avenger Skyland.

I would really appreciate any info. or advice if anyone could spare me some time, thanks in advance,
Martyn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:49 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Mark or Watchmakeress can probably offer some opinions of what might be wrong, but you should take that watch back to the AD immediately and get them to put it right - assuming that you bought from an AD.

If you bought grey market you should still be OK as long as you have all the papers - assuming you bought it new you should be fine for a warranty repair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:54 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Don't worry about this - it's nothing serious. What's likely to have happened is that someone has changed the date between the hours of 10pm - 2am which has caused the date changing wheel to slip it's position and possibly damaged the date change wheel (they are only made of brass and very soft so teeth can easily be stripped). Alternatively someone has had the hands off the watch for some reason and put them back in the wrong position.

So at the very least the hands need to be positioned correctly or at worst the date changing gear might need replacing but either way the movt has to come out of the case and the fault corrected. If you bought this from a dealer then they should sort this out for you free of charge as clearly the watch is not fit for purpose at the point of sale.

Last edited by Mark on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:55 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks mate, look forward to some expert advice from those members you mention. Yes, my CA is legit from an AD and has all the relevant papers, my gut feeling is that it will have to go back to Breitling for repair under warranty, boo!!
Martyn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:40 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Just a quick update on my broken Chrono Avenger...
I Have contacted the AD today and will be sending the watch back via Special Delivery tomorrow for their attention.
The AD was quite apologetic and assured me that everything would be taken care of, not sure if the watch is going back to Switzerland or whether it would be dealt with within the UK (any UK Breitling owners shed light on exactly my watch will go for repair?).
Feeling a little happier knowing it will be sorted out but anxious about how long it might take to get back. Anyone UK shed light on the turnaround?
Martyn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Glad they were quick to help.. darn well should be on a malfunctioning watch!