All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:43 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
sportback wrote:
breitlingsource wrote:
I wouldn't really be making a competing site... this would simply be a resource/reference site. No forum or anything.

Personally I think it could work - one of the sad things about paneristi.com is the weird forum rules, which certainly don't apply here. I had nothing but help, and playful banter obviously, since I started visiting this forum - this can't be said for Panerisit.com. If you're well known, have had a serious accident or your mother is ill, then fine, you can say and do pretty much what you want, but if you're just a mere mortal like me, you are sometimes treated as an idiot.

I don't drive a Porsche or smoke cigars but I feel I do have the right to air my feelings like everyone else - something which is refreshingly available to us here.

This is more than likely due to the fact that Admin is a reasonable bloke, and the only moderator - over 'there', the moderators come out of the trees and edit messages at every opportunity it seems. I think it says something about the general level of the posts here that we don't need editing at all...

/EOR

Sorry - I needed that

With you 100% on that. I actually made a point of saying how pleasant and non judgemental this place is when I first starting posting here and that was by comparison with Panersisti. Some Risti's do carry a large amount of arrogance on their wrists unfortunately!!

A reference site would be good - have to be careful where you source photos I guess!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:49 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Altair wrote:
Good post sporty and I agree fully, I did join that forum and do feel the people over there can be snobish at times, the reason I really enjoy this forum is the relaxed attitude :thumbsup:

:yeahthat This is by far and away the most relaxed and easy going forum I've come across. So much so that this now the only one I post on. 99% of people on here have a good sense of humour and can accept a bit of light-hearted p*ss-taking once in a while, without going too far. Makes for a fun (and obviously informative) place to be. Good stuff Admin!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:17 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I am new to this forum and also new to being a Breitling owner. I have to agree that this is a really great site / forum. The people are very knowledgable and friendly and to be honest I have learnt a lot more about Breitlings here than I have on the rest of the net. I love coming to visit. It almost as if everyone takes a genuine interest in what everyone else is doing or has bought.

A little off the topic I know, but since we talking Breitling's and Panerai's, what does everyone think of the IWC Spitfire Double Chronograph? I think its a really great looking piece with some impressive features - your thoughts?

Regards

Graeme

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Thanks guys! I appreciate the praise for this forum :) It's with help from guys like you posting here all the time and helping everyone out that keeps the atmosphere relaxed. But I agree a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm the only admin... and this forum is still small enough that one admin is enough... but I am finding that it is growing to the point where I can see that I will not be enough eventually. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but I think that Paneristi was definately created with good intentions.

I think i will abstain from creating an informational resource. Considering what I've read here it might just gain scorn and I'll have to ask people for pictures and that might mean not cool stuff. This idea is now kyboshed!

Grey: You might be more response regarding the IWC Spitfire posting a separate post in the general watches forum.. but for what it's worth i think it's a great watch. I've always loved the look of the spitfires and the double chrono is cool and larger than the regular spitfires.

:thumbsup: :panerai :lingsrock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:11 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Admin,

This is the only forum I have ever posted on and reading these comments here it looks like if I were somewhere else I would get banned for BASHING Degraded Lings. I guess I'll just stay here where I can Harass people.

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:17 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Hey admin why don't you create a reference section within this board. Obviously Lings then some other brands such as Panerai. The Ristsi's are all good at heart it's just there is a core membership that has lot's of disposable income and large collections - they do seem to dictate the status quo sometimes is all!!

Any way while on the subject of disposable income here's my latest beast!!! I thought I'd share it here first. Just arrived today - boy am I pleased. Look at that Tritium Dial - who could not like this???!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't think I'd want to mix up the panerai stuff in here.. the way the database is set up it would be a pain to separate later... so it makes more sense to just separate it... that's the way the rolex and omega site is going to be. heck i haven't even had enough time to deal with that site, and I'm already planning a Panerai resource lol

Nice watch! I want a white sandwich dial base luminor, or one with a subseconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:13 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Sadly the white dials are all painted I think you'll find - the sandwich is reserved for the black faces. (Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the numbers!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sandwiched with black numbers ;) no lume.. just sandwiched for hte sake of sandiwching it!!

They aren't doing the sandwich anymore tho are they :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:28 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

breitlingsource wrote:
Sandwiched with black numbers ;) no lume.. just sandwiched for hte sake of sandiwching it!!

They aren't doing the sandwich anymore tho are they :|

Yes they do the sandwich dials on several models. The Luminor Marina range and the Black Seal Radiomir range. They have never done the white dial as a sandwich but it does have luminous dots like a ling!! The sandwich dial models are all part of their historic ranges as the sandwich dial was first used back in the late 30's on their original diving watches.