Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: power reserve question
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:42 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
i recently got the motors t, but there seems to be something wrong with the power reserve. i'll give it 40 winds and wear it for two days (approx 8 hours or more per day). now if i don't wear/touch the watch for a full day it just stops. i went to the ad about 2 weeks ago, and they said they would have it checked. i picked it up on monday and they said the shop told them there were no problems. now i wore the watch for 8 hours on tuesday, and i didnt wear it at all on wednesday (holiday). i checked it this morning and it was dead at 12:15 pm wednesday. that means it died less than 15 hours off my wrist. i'm going to try wearing it a few days again before taking it off the wrist to test it again, but any ideas what the problem might be? if i dont wear my chrono evo for the same amount of time there are no problems at all . . . appreciate any thoughts/help

jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:26 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Is this with the Valjoux 7750 movement?? Coz, if it is, the time that you're wearing it might be too short for the watch to be fully wound. Depending on you activity level as well.
The problem with this winding mechanism is that it will only wind in one direction, which is clockwise. So this requires a lot more movement of the watch that you would suspect in order to get in wound fully.
If you manually wind it 40 times, and put the watch down without wearing it, how long before it stops? If it stops way too soon, you have an issue with the watch, if it doesn't, you have an issue :twisted:
In that case; best thing for you to do, is get a winder, and leave it on there (rotating clockwise) when you're not wearing it...

Good luck !

Vanessa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:13 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

vanessa, thanks very much for the reply. i hope i'm not the problem :shock: :oops: hehe
my chrono evo has the valjoux 7750 movement and it doesnt have any problems, the motors t has the eta 2892 movement and the site says it winds both ways.
i'll try just winding it the next time it dies and see how long it runs.
the only thing is, i purposely tried moving/winding my arm a bit more on tuesday so it would wind more, but i'll see what happens and let you know.
thanks again for the advice.

jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:25 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

rhequest wrote:
the motors t has the eta 2892 movement and the site says it winds both ways.

That is correct Jason... I still think 8 hours might not be enough, depending on the power reserve, before you start wearing it....
If the mainspring is almost down to nothing, it'll be much harder for he watch to be "catching up with itself" all day, while if the mainspring still has quite some power in it, it'll be easy to get to fully wound quickly.
So, if you wind it about 40 times, and you wear it 8 hours without much movement, you should still have a power reserve of about 30 hours left. Does this make sense? :huh

Vanessa