The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:11 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 7 posts
I have recently been searching for an E79362 and I've noticed that many watches seem to have issues with the backlight not working.
Are B79s known for backlight failures? Repairs often appear to involve replacing the entire movement, but I'm concerned that even if I spend nearly $800 to replace it, the backlight might fail again in some years.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:03 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 14 posts
just1ce wrote:
I have recently been searching for an E79362 and I've noticed that many watches seem to have issues with the backlight not working.
Are B79s known for backlight failures? Repairs often appear to involve replacing the entire movement, but I'm concerned that even if I spend nearly $800 to replace it, the backlight might fail again in some years.

I also have my AA without backlight: to tell the truth this does not disturb me at all: analog display has a good Luminova lume and I can still use one of the most useful features, the minute repeater. Backlight used to turn on every time I turn the crown and that shortens battery life. Not any more. If you like the watch I suggest just to accept that backlight may go one day and enjoy the watch without. My personal experience for many years now.
Best,
Robert

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:00 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 7 posts
Robertus wrote:
just1ce wrote:

I also have my AA without backlight: to tell the truth this does not disturb me at all: analog display has a good Luminova lume and I can still use one of the most useful features, the minute repeater. Backlight used to turn on every time I turn the crown and that shortens battery life. Not any more. If you like the watch I suggest just to accept that backlight may go one day and enjoy the watch without. My personal experience for many years now.
Best,
Robert

Hi. Thank you for your opinion.
I recently acquired an avantage without backlight and I love it.
I'll use it as is for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:08 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 811 posts
Here I am, Aerospace Avantage owner. I serviced the watch in 2019 because some of the segments of display were not working.

Last year (more than 2 years passed from the service so no guarantee) backlight stopped working. Replacing battery didn't help. In total dark you can see some faint light but almost none.
I just accept it as it is because I enjoy the watch :)