Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:52 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello!

I'm trying to decide between the Omega Seamaster Worldtimer and the Breitling Premier B01 42 in BRG.

I went to a shop that has the Breitling in BRG but the dial looked black! No matter how you tilted it to change the light, it looked black or possibly dark brown to me.
My wife caught it at a certain angle and said she could see green.

The salesman said it was because we were in artificial light but when in sunlight it was definitely green. However we couldn't leave the shop / mall to check as he was the only one in the shop at the time.

Does anyone here happen to have one and if so, can you confirm it does actually look green sometimes??
It's a beautiful looking watch but looks even nicer in the pictures where it is green!

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:53 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 51 posts
I agree that in artificial light some colors do not appear the same as in direct sunlight. But I find it hard to believe that the dial showed practically no green at all. IMO it should certainly look green even in artificial light.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N976B mit Tapatalk

Geoff777 likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:51 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for the reply, @gbuergisser. That's what I thought, there might be a slight difference but this really looked black.
I have seen YouTube videos and other reviews and it looked mostly black there too - with reviewers saying it was green but not capturing well with the camera.
I have a picture but seems to be a bit of hassle posting it, but you can see what I mean by looking at most reviews.

We checked the model number and it was supposed to be the BRG model.
The photo on Breitling's site looks lovely - just wish it looked the same in real life.
I've emailed Breitling about it but they've not replied yet.
I guess it's not a very popular model and nobody here appears to have one.

Thanks again, and I'll post later if I decide to buy it......

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:54 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Oops

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 5:37 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
Geoff777 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, @gbuergisser. That's what I thought, there might be a slight difference but this really looked black.
I have seen YouTube videos and other reviews and it looked mostly black there too - with reviewers saying it was green but not capturing well with the camera.
I have a picture but seems to be a bit of hassle posting it, but you can see what I mean by looking at most reviews.

We checked the model number and it was supposed to be the BRG model.
The photo on Breitling's site looks lovely - just wish it looked the same in real life.
I've emailed Breitling about it but they've not replied yet.
I guess it's not a very popular model and nobody here appears to have one.

Thanks again, and I'll post later if I decide to buy it......

it really depends on the light, here are some good pics in artificial light in an article on Quill & Pad:
https://quillandpad.com/2020/09/11/brei ... 9fkXznnFQ&

the watch is actually quite popular, this forum sadly isn't anymore.

if you are on facebook, join the "Breitling Owners 1884" group, quite quickly you'll have a dozen owners showing you wristshots

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:39 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for the reply, WatchFred. Pity the forum has become quiet..... I looked through it and there are lots of really interesting and helpful posts.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:48 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Breitling replied:

With regard to your enquiry, PREMIER B01 CHRONOGRAPH 42 BENTLEY BRITISH RACING GREEN (AB0118A11L1X1) is not available for purchase on the Ecommerce range.
We regret to inform you that we are not able to check the timepiece information in our Breitling boutiques. You may consider contacting the Breitling boutiques or retailers

Oh dear, that's "customer service"?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:52 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

what precisely did you ask Breitling for?
replied promptly, but do not have the AB0118A11L1X1 available in the Ecommerce range and do NOT have information about available stocks in Boutiques, as many are operated by independent AD.
did you expect them to call all Boutiques to see who may have stock available - and what should the Boutiques then do?

I’ve given you a link to an article with real life shots of the Chronomat BRG and told you where to meet owners of that watch.

what “customer service” above that did you expect? and could you name a watch company (or any industry) where you have experienced that?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:08 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for the reply, WatchFred. What I asked customer care was whether the dial was supposed to appear black in artificial light, and green as per their photos in sunlight.
Their replied that they didn't sell it - so they couldn't check it, which was a bit surprising. I suppose I thought I was dealing with general Breitling customer care (who I'd expect to have answers to this), not just the e-commerce department - my bad.

I read the article, thanks, and it does say the dial changes depending on the light source.

Guess my best option is to go back to the store when there are at least two salesman on duty so I can take it outside! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:06 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I’ve had a dozen of them on my wrist - they are green and beautiful ;)

and I think the answer that customer care gave is the most honest I can imagine, instead of giving you same bs, they apologize they cannot verify that, as they do not have a sample in stock.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:12 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Geoff777 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, WatchFred. What I asked customer care was whether the dial was supposed to appear black in artificial light, and green as per their photos in sunlight.
Their replied that they didn't sell it - so they couldn't check it, which was a bit surprising. I suppose I thought I was dealing with general Breitling customer care (who I'd expect to have answers to this), not just the e-commerce department - my bad.

I read the article, thanks, and it does say the dial changes depending on the light source.

Guess my best option is to go back to the store when there are at least two salesman on duty so I can take it outside! :)

I know it's an old thread but I couldn't help laughing at the thought of an AD salesmans face when you ask him if you can take a brand new (£5k?) watch outside to take a look !! Unless he's built like Lennox Lewis and you're built like Jocky Wilson surely that didn't happen right ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:22 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I know it's an old thread but I couldn't help laughing at the thought of an AD salesmans face when you ask him if you can take a brand new (£5k?) watch outside to take a look !! Unless he's built like Lennox Lewis and you're built like Jocky Wilson surely that didn't happen right ?[/quote]

You're quite right, it didn't happen!