Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Unitimes
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:48 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 35 posts
First of all, I would have to thank the people who have helped me understand and define what collectible watches are. And when I say collectibles, it’s always a personal preference. Some may be difficult to find, some even harder to obtain, but given the enthusiasts tenacity, the watches come and sometimes go. In the end, you learn what you enjoy, where your interest lie, and how much time and money you are willing to do to have that object.

There is my own self history of collecting that was filled with many mistakes and dumb luck. I believe many in the collecting community can relate and continue to grow. For me the start was a friend introducing me to the brand (Breitling) and ****** (introducing me to the Unitime). From that point on, starting with the Ref’ 1-260 I started acquiring the next model. After the Ref’ 1-260 this Forum and the helpful advice I discovered a family of products. Now I have completed a personal goal in gathering each production version. Starting with the Unitime Ref’ 1-260, Ref’ 2610, Ref’ 1765 for the vintage models; then I was excited for the brands latest releases with the Breitling Transocean Chronograph Unitime, Breitling Galactic Unitime, and to Aviator 8 Unitime (previously the Navitimer 8 Unitime). Unfortunately at the time the Breitling for Bentley Unitimes are not in my scope.

So with each rendition of the model, they all share a common ground of function and brand identity, but with interpretation for the time they were released. The Galactic Unitime would be the most modern, while the Ref’ 1-260 is what a classic Louis Cottier’s traveler watch was meant to be. Being influenced by their times the Ref’ 2610 and later Ref’ 1765 took a more military approach. It’s the Ref’ 1765 that loses the world time complication for a GMT dual time zone approach, nevertheless, still a Unitime in my view. Now that the Aviator 8 Unitime drops off Breitling’s website, there is nothing yet to replace it. Looking forward to seeing when and how the future will bring back the Unitime.

Thank you,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2 people like this post.