The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:04 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I posted photos of this Breilting trying to identify the exact model and date of manufacture about 11 years ago and got some good educated guesses, but nothing concrete. The Breitling dealer in the city was confused by the back plate and thought it was some sort of military model from the 1980s but couldn't give me anything specific.

I thought I would post it again to see if any new members had more incite. Any thoughts?

Imagebreitling colt millitary by Rod Henrickson, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:13 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
These early Colt watches were sold from about 1990 to 1999. They came in a variety of dial colors and some also had PVD cases. DPW is infamous for using this model in their line up of military models with unit logos on the dial. They were originally designed for military use with the fixed lugs for the NATO style nylon one piece straps. They're the only fixed lug Breitling I can remember seeing so unique in that respect. You can Google Breitling A50035 and see a few more examples.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:49 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
TY vintage

Yeah, the last time I posted it one of the guys said it was a mid late 80s, Colt Military and another stuck his neck out and for reasons not disclosed thought it was a 1986 model.
It's all a bit maddening every time I want information on European stuff. I work in the firearms industry and of course the British and Americans are absofuckinglutely anal about records keeping. From Remington factory marks I can tell the year and month it was made, who assembled it, proved it and whether or not it has ever been back for service or not. Most of the manufacturers have the means to at least date the stuff they manufacture and even stuff as stupid as American made toasters can be dated if you know what to look for. Then you get into European stuff and even the manufacturers aren't sure as to when an item they produced was made.