Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:00 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi all,

New forum member as I have recently become the owner of a Navitimer B01 Chronograph 46, bought and gifted to me as a present. It feels like I’m wearing a piece of art on my wrist, I am delighted with it. I’ve found a lot of posts here quite informative, though I’m afraid I do have some questions for you good people.

But first, some observations and please note this is my first luxury watch and I have attached a picture as per the forum tax :D

1. Logo: For years I’d lusted after the Navitimer with black croc strap and black dial. However I was disappointed when the wings logo was replaced with the Breitling ‘B’. For me the black dial & croc combo is so classic that the watch really misses the wings, and even more irksome that they’ve brought them back for the new Endurance models. This subject will no doubt have been debated to death here already and I appreciate it’s very much a personal preference. For what it’s worth I think the Navi blue dial & bracelet combo (the watch I have) benefits from having the ‘B’ logo over the wings.

2. Certificate: I was slightly disappointed to find that the watch isn’t supplied with a paper certificate with Breitling having moved to digital certs. I like living in the digital age but I feel like having and holding a paper certificate should still be part of the luxury watch experience. Again, appreciate this is personal preference and I understand the reasons for moving to a digital approach.

Question: I registered my watch on breitling.com many weeks ago but still see a message stating “The digital passport of your watch is not available yet.”. Is that to be expected? Do you know how long it should take normally?

3. Bracelet micro adjustments: I had some links removed when I picked up the watch but it’s still just slightly to loose for my liking. I purchased the required tool to adjust the bracelet and thought I had identified a micro-adjustment which should provide the tighter fit I require. However I have encountered a problem, please the picture attached and question below.

Question: can I move the clasp as per the arrows in the picture? The issue I see is that the ‘holes’ I want to move the clasp to are not actually holes, they are concave circles. They do look like they can accommodate the spring bar, but my fear is that if I make that micro adjustment I may not ever be able to undo it. (I suspect this is very much a ‘newbie’ style question………)

host pictures

4. Watch Winder: with my watch came a Wolf watch winder, which appears to be their no-frills base model, I think this: https://www.wolf1834.com/cub-winder-with-cover#93=34 I very much dislike using it as the plastic ‘feet’ attached to the cuff are very difficult to get the watch strap around without touching the bracelet. I feel like the risk of scratching the bracelet is very real with this winder.

Question: does anyone have any suggestions to help? Perhaps there is a smaller cuff I can buy from another vendor that fits this winder? I can of course buy another winder but would rather use this one if possible. Wolf do offer a ‘small’ version of the cuff but it appears it’s only the cushion that is reduced in size and the plastic feet are the same size on the small and regular sized cuffs.

Apologies for the essay and thank you in advance for any help received, and all the other previously posted helpful information.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:19 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 13 posts
Fantastic looking watch! The micro adjustment needs to be done at the bracelet end as the bottom of your photo. Looks like you have one hole you can tighten it with. If this is not sufficient another link will need removing.

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:46 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 54 posts
Very beautiful watch !

crackerg likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:14 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

happy_chapie wrote:
Fantastic looking watch! The micro adjustment needs to be done at the bracelet end as the bottom of your photo. Looks like you have one hole you can tighten it with. If this is not sufficient another link will need removing.

Thanks happy, I thought that may be the case and so I'll read up on the removal of links. Out of interest do you know what the other 'holes' (not holes) are for?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:29 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 9 posts
Congrats on the new piece. Beautiful one. Gotta love the quality of breitlings

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:58 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 174 posts
Question 3. The indents on the clasp are for locating the 'fliplock' security. The position on the blade is fixed, although you do have micro-adjustment on the clasp itself on the other side.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:12 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Fantastic looking watching, way o go buddy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:03 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 6 posts
crackerg wrote:
Hi all,

1. Logo: For years I’d lusted after the Navitimer with black croc strap and black dial. However I was disappointed when the wings logo was replaced with the Breitling ‘B’. For me the black dial & croc combo is so classic that the watch really misses the wings, and even more irksome that they’ve brought them back for the new Endurance models. This subject will no doubt have been debated to death here already and I appreciate it’s very much a personal preference. For what it’s worth I think the Navi blue dial & bracelet combo (the watch I have) benefits from having the ‘B’ logo over the wings.

Question: I registered my watch on breitling.com many weeks ago but still see a message stating “The digital passport of your watch is not available yet.”. Is that to be expected? Do you know how long it should take normally?

Logo: I'm sad about the change too, the wings logo was cool...but I guess I get it, they want to do more than just aviation?

certificate: Only watches actually made and shipped out after 13/Oct/2020 (This date is from an email response I got from Breitling) have currently ACTIVE certificate/wallets that may be downloaded. Other watches like yours, that CAME with the QR Code may be registered using such, which allows you to view the ewarranty and any history and details, but if it was shipped before 13/Oct/2020 the actual blockchain certificate will not be active.
Watches that never came with a QR code may still be registered on the site. These, as well as ones like yours that came with a QR code but don't have an active digital certificate are currently being worked on, Breitlings site gives a tentative date of Mar(?) 2021 for when all previous watches will be able to be activated fully and have their digital certificate downloaded. It seems there is a period there, where watches were being shipped out with the new QR codes and new format but don't have activated certificates as of yet, which I find odd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:29 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Nealywheelie wrote:
Question 3. The indents on the clasp are for locating the 'fliplock' security. The position on the blade is fixed, although you do have micro-adjustment on the clasp itself on the other side.
Cheers.

Thanks Nealy, that should have been obvious to me! Doh! I think I was desperately hoping to get a tighter fit without having to remove more links. Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:13 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Quote:

Logo: I'm sad about the change too, the wings logo was cool...but I guess I get it, they want to do more than just aviation?

certificate: Only watches actually made and shipped out after 13/Oct/2020 (This date is from an email response I got from Breitling) have currently ACTIVE certificate/wallets that may be downloaded. Other watches like yours, that CAME with the QR Code may be registered using such, which allows you to view the ewarranty and any history and details, but if it was shipped before 13/Oct/2020 the actual blockchain certificate will not be active.
Watches that never came with a QR code may still be registered on the site. These, as well as ones like yours that came with a QR code but don't have an active digital certificate are currently being worked on, Breitlings site gives a tentative date of Mar(?) 2021 for when all previous watches will be able to be activated fully and have their digital certificate downloaded. It seems there is a period there, where watches were being shipped out with the new QR codes and new format but don't have activated certificates as of yet, which I find odd

Thank you TJ, this is really very helpful and reassuring. I doubt I'd ever sell this watch (sentimental value) but this issue with not-yet-activated ecertificates does put anyone looking to sell in in a tricky situation. It's a funny one, but there's always a transition period with these things.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the info you provided.