The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:36 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi, firstly hello, this is my first post and it’s a question for Hercules owners or people who would know the answer. I have owned my Hercules for 9 years now and thought I would treat it to a long overdue service, I have been very unlucky as when I got the watch back it was loosing about 10 minutes per day, it was returned and had a new weir spring fitted, all good I thought but it now gains about 3 minutes per day and will obviously need to go back for more adjustments, my question is when the crown is pulled out to set the time should the second hand stop? I’m sure it used too but now it just keeps going and I just want confirmation from other owners or people who are knowledgeable on these subjects as when it goes back they can correct this as well. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:03 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
Where did you have it serviced? Did they offer any warranty? If your watch has been serviced by someone not familiar with Breitling watches then you may have a problem. It should not be that inaccurate and the second hand should stop moving when the crown is fully pulled out. Your best bet is to send it to a Breitling service centre for a full overhaul. It’ll cost a lot of money but it will come back looking like new with a one year warranty. Any further work by whoever serviced your watch will only cause more problems.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:31 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I had it serviced via the shop that i purchased it from as they have always been reliable, Also the watch gets taken to the repairer and collected in person. I've heard of Breitling loosing peoples watches in the post and this one has great sentimental value that a new replacement just would not hold, it does come with a years warranty so there's no issue getting it looked at again. I just wanted to confirm the second hand issue. Thanks for the quick reply.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:38 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
Welcome to the forum by the way. It's your shout where you have your watch serviced but only Breitling have access to genuine parts, they don't supply to third parties. I always send my watches to Breitling via an authorised dealer so there's little chance of it getting lost. Hope your repairer sorts your watch.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE