The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:11 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 6 posts
Update: So, I sent my AD an e-mail on Saturday, describing the issue and attached the same two images as posted here. This morning they called me. Sincerely embarrassed and shocked, they told me they have already ordered a new watch from Breitling Scandinavia, due to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. They feel no need to inspect the old watch before the new one arrives, they just told me to bring the old one when I come to pick up the new one. So, 10 points to my AD.

Hopefully the new watch has been through a better QC than the old one...

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:53 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
Magulv wrote:
Update: So, I sent my AD an e-mail on Saturday, describing the issue and attached the same two images as posted here. This morning they called me. Sincerely embarrassed and shocked, they told me they have already ordered a new watch from Breitling Scandinavia, due to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. They feel no need to inspect the old watch before the new one arrives, they just told me to bring the old one when I come to pick up the new one. So, 10 points to my AD.

Hopefully the new watch has been through a better QC than the old one...
Great result, I am very pleased for you

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:29 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
Glad to hear they handled that quickly!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Yep, s*&t happens, it's how it's dealt with. Very pleasing to hear.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:27 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 6 posts
So, it took a while longer, apparently due to bad weather conditions. But, new watch received today, with the "old" dial. In perfect condition. I got the chance to compare it to the new dial (the one they changed to on my original watch). The new dial is clearly brighter in color, with a finer sunburst parterne, making it look cheaper in my opinion. The original dial looks black in almost all lighting conditions, while the new one looks green most of the time. The new dial also has tighter snarlig on the sub dials, making them appear more matte, and a bit lighter grey. The indexes also looks a bit cheaper, almost like if the black filling is now printed on. So I'm very happy that my replacement watch has the "old" dial.
Also, my AD wanted to give me something, as an apology for the inconvenience. I suggested a bracelet for my Premier. They ordered one on the spot. They have told Breitling they expect them to ship it without cost, but if there will be a small fee, they will cover it. I think a bracelet is a pretty awesome apology for something that really wasn't their fault.

As for what happened with the watch at the service center: It turns out that the tools made for Breitling by a company wich name I don't remember, was faulty. The torque setting was way too low (apparently about 20% of what it should have been), so the screws came loose. They have had a couple of reported incidents like this, before discovering the problem. New tools have apparently been made now.

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:29 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 811 posts
That's a very complicated story that could end up even worse but was handled very good by Breitling so thumbs up for them :lingsrock: