Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Not setting my watch
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:43 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I have a Breiting Emergency I sent it back for service at a cost around $5-- plus. When I got the watch back from BUSA it was not set to the right time zone or the day and date. I sent a email with concerns and displeasure with no responds. The money I paid for service they have set the watch. I know it's a small issue but its the little things that keeps the customers coming back. I currently own 2 Breitlings love the brand but the customer interreaction is not the best. I think they have outsourced the customer service network. No one ever got back to me about the service problem but I was charge over $5--.00 for the service.

Post subject: Re: Not setting my watch
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:54 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Well we're all entitled to be displeased with any CS we receive, but personally the wrong time-zone / time after a service (especially if the actual service itself was perfectly fine) wouldn't bother me as setting the time now and then is part and parcel of owning a watch. But I guess having it all perfectly set up would be the icing on the cake...

Site Moderator

Helderberg likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:34 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
My Aerospace was sent back from BUK after a service not set to the correct time (and indeed with the hands and display not synchronised, which had me fumbling for the manual). A mechanical might of course simply stop in the course of transit back to the customer but I did think it was pretty lazy of them with a quartz.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:20 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
TomP wrote:
My Aerospace was sent back from BUK after a service not set to the correct time (and indeed with the hands and display not synchronised, which had me fumbling for the manual). A mechanical might of course simply stop in the course of transit back to the customer but I did think it was pretty lazy of them with a quartz.

I've only owned a couple of quartz Breitlings myself in the past, and never sent them in for a service, so I was looking at this from the standpoint of a mechanical watch owner whereby adjusting it is a fairly regular thing. I guess you're right that with a quartz model it'd be a quick job to set it properly after a service before sending it out. And I can see it'd definitely be a nice touch on the customer service front.

Site Moderator