Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:26 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi All, :)

Just joined up having been a reader for a number of years.

Used to own a Navitimer 01 I bought in 2014 which I let go 6 months or so ago. Which I regret. Now been offered a deal on another via eBay.

It all checks out, serial on rear of case matches the electronic warranty card and the COSC certificate. The watch was serviced last year apparently. But no purchase receipt nor service receipt.

The watch looks great and I was about to pull the trigger, but on closer inspection the date wheel looks odd to me.

My old watch was from May 2014 and on that the date wheel font looks thinner, than the watch I am considering which is from April 2014 so a month earlier than my old watch. The serial number is lower than on my old watch which also tallies up, however the the date wheel fonts are 100% different. I am also concerned that the hang tag sticker with the serial number and model number is not perfectly centralsied.

I have read of a date wheel font change in 2017ish, but not as early as 2014.

Does anyone have any experience of datewheel fonts and the Navitimer 01s from circa 2014 or can anyone shed any light on why the fonts may be different.

Normally I'd steer clear however the seller seems legit, the warranty card and COSC certificate match the watch as does the hand tag albeit the sticker is slightly offset from the centre of the tag.

Some pics are below and I'd be obliged to know the resident expert's thoughts are the watch is legit, or whether I should steer clear.

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

MY OLD WATCH 2 TOP PICTURES

POTENTIAL PURCHASE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:59 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 117 posts
Sorry I can't tell the difference. I think that the watch looks good as far as I can tell by those photos. Reputable seller?