Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SuperOcean GMT A32380
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:02 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hey guys, after a bit of help/information. I’m quite interested in the SuperOcean GMT A32380. But nonmatter how much I search Google or YouTube I just can’t find an awful lot of information on this piece. Its seems to have had a relatively small production time. I know its 41mm diameter with a lug width of 22mm albeit it looks to have a semi integrated bracelet style so swapping bracelet is near impossible unless its the stock rubber. Im interested to know its lug to lug and the bezel material and if anyone has any experience with this particular model is it worth looking into. Im not particularly fussed about resale value but Id be interested to know what you think on its value retention. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:36 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
https://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_d ... n_239.html

Welcome to the forum, the link above is to another part of the website that you may find helpful. Bracelet will be a stock Pro ii without the end links I think. Not sure in value retention, a lot depends on condition, service history and matching paperwork and boxes etc.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:09 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Thanks for the response, some useful information too. Would it be fair to say this isn’t a particularly popular model? If so is that based on the fact it was a small production or it didn’t really appeal to enthusiasts... Im after the insight of someone who has handled/experience this model. I know that most SuperOcean’s have a rubber insert and this looks to be the case here too. Im weighing it up against a Black Bay GMT.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:29 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 12 posts
Clearly would prefer BB GMT against this SO version.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:14 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 16 posts
SMPFan wrote:
Clearly would prefer BB GMT against this SO version.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

I’m inclined to agree. Not so much for style as for functionality. The Breitling is based on the ETA 2893, which gives you a quick set GMT hand, but requires you to stop and then re-hack (if that’s a word) the main hands to change main hand time zones. Fine if you just want to track a second time zone from home or office. Tudor, and Rolex, Omega, Seiko, have a quick set feature on the main hour hand. This is a lot easier to use for traveling because you can change local time zones without stopping the running time.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:29 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 52 posts
Mo_Mo86 wrote:
Thanks for the response, some useful information too. Would it be fair to say this isn’t a particularly popular model? If so is that based on the fact it was a small production or it didn’t really appeal to enthusiasts... Im after the insight of someone who has handled/experience this model. I know that most SuperOcean’s have a rubber insert and this looks to be the case here too. Im weighing it up against a Black Bay GMT.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a watch that isn't particularly popular. Just because it doesn't appeal to the masses doesn't make a watch any less attractive to you. Picking a watch is like picking a mate -- they come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Pick the one that appeals to you the most; not the one that appeals to the masses.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:42 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Nihon_Ni wrote:
Mo_Mo86 wrote:

There's nothing wrong with wanting a watch that isn't particularly popular. Just because it doesn't appeal to the masses doesn't make a watch any less attractive to you. Picking a watch is like picking a mate -- they come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Pick the one that appeals to you the most; not the one that appeals to the masses.

:yeahthat Totally agree - buy what you like irrespective of other's opinions.

Mo_Mo86 wrote:
Im weighing it up against a Black Bay GMT.

On that last point, even though this is a Breitling forum, I've got to say that (all things being equal in terms of how much you like the aesthetics) then the BB GMT is the absolute no-brainer choice between the two IMO. GMT function, plus a considerably better in-house movement with a 70 hour PR vs a very slightly tweaked ETA/Sellita, and a great modern/retro vibe.

Site Moderator