The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:20 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 117 posts
WatchFred wrote:
56scooter wrote:
As far as anyone here actually "working" for Breitling, that is a good question. No one has ever come out and said that they are employed by Breitling.......

Well, if you’ve missed that you must have been living under a stone - I’ve been consultant to the CEO since the took over the position at Breitling, am responsible for the Re-Edition line and part of the Product Development Team.

best, Fred

I personally didn't know folks worked "for" Breitling here...I sensed something but wasn't sure. To be respectful I've removed my #firekern its not going to help and its just divisive. I thought we were just a bunch of guys sharing our opinions...I'm sure I won't be as negative going forward knowing some of you are "stakeholders" in the new line and not to cause any trouble. The bad thing about that is you might loose the constructive criticism from "Joe Consumers" that I believe Breitling needs desperately.

Kudos Fred for the Re-Edition line...love it. Maybe get them to add some Gold Wings to a "Heritage" line! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:59 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
MickeyWatch wrote:
I personally didn't know folks worked "for" Breitling here...I sensed something but wasn't sure. To be respectful I've removed my #firekern its not going to help and its just divisive. I thought we were just a bunch of guys sharing our opinions...I'm sure I won't be as negative going forward knowing some of you are "stakeholders" in the new line and not to cause any trouble. The bad thing about that is you might loose the constructive criticism from "Joe Consumers" that I believe Breitling needs desperately.

Kudos Fred for the Re-Edition line...love it. Maybe get them to add some Gold Wings to a "Heritage" line! :lol:

The forum isn't officially sponsored by Breitling or anything - it's entirely independent - so we are just a bunch of guys sharing our opinions! :D And opinions (both positive and negative) are always welcome here. I've personally been hugely scathing about some of the models produced by Breitling over the last 10 years, so no-one is ever censored for having an opinion. It's all good.

That said, while we certainly don't tell people what to do, on a personal level I'm glad you decided to remove the #FireKern, Mickey. :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

MickeyWatch likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:05 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
just a quick info, Mickey - the „Gold Wings“ were removed by Teddy Schneider in 2014 ;)
they have been plated base metal ever since, years before Georges arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:07 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

WatchFred wrote:
just a quick info, Mickey - the „Gold Wings“ were removed by Teddy Schneider in 2014 ;)
they have been plated base metal ever since, years before Georges arrived

It's not always about Georges Fred, its not always about Georges... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:19 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

so: no Gold Wings for now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:56 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 16 posts
To Mickey from last night

Thanks for the reply. Agreed my “Blaaaaahhh” comment was a bit misplaced. Apologies I think I may have got a bit excited after a late night drink - lol.

Nice to post to a new forum. I am a new Breitling fan and everyone seems pretty friendly.

Still struggling to put a decent attachment up. Managed to put a really blurry photo up....

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:05 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

you need to have your pics hosted, attachement size is so limited you can’t really upload a decent pic.

see here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66281

Junkers72 likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:16 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Junkers72 wrote:
To Mickey from last night

Thanks for the reply. Agreed my “Blaaaaahhh” comment was a bit misplaced. Apologies I think I may have got a bit excited after a late night drink - lol.

Nice to post to a new forum. I am a new Breitling fan and everyone seems pretty friendly.

Still struggling to put a decent attachment up. Managed to put a really blurry photo up....

No worries! I hear ya about the late night...

I have a lot of luck with https://imgur.com - it hosts for free and allows you to size and generate link to post.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:36 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
MickeyWatch wrote:

Whether employees of Breitling are participating should make no difference. On one hand, all discussion should be civil, even if robust; however, there is no place for insults. On the other hand, stakeholders should declare their interest, and especially if they are being remunerated/rewarded to make positive comments as part of a marketing campaign; therefore, all participants can weight the genuineness and value of their input.

@MickeyWatch, I am disappointed that you do not have the courage of your convictions to make honest points irrespective of the audience. However, if that courage is wanting because you think something you said was intended to cause hurt, then perhaps you should reconsider the way you engage in social media.

By the way, there is no point in calling to "#firekern" because he is a co-owner in the company.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:40 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
WatchFred wrote:
you need to have your pics hosted, attachement size is so limited you can’t really upload a decent pic.

If, however, you use the Tapatalk app to participate in this forum, adding pictures is easy and requires no seperate hosting service as Tapatalk hosts the photos on their server.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:47 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

arcadelt wrote:
MickeyWatch wrote:

Whether employees of Breitling are participating should make no difference. On one hand, all discussion should be civil, even if robust; however, there is no place for insults. On the other hand, stakeholders should declare their interest, and especially if they are being remunerated/rewarded to make positive comments as part of a marketing campaign; therefore, all participants can weight the genuineness and value of their input.

@MickeyWatch, I am disappointed that you do not have the courage of your convictions to make honest points irrespective of the audience. However, if that courage is wanting because you think something you said was intended to cause hurt, then perhaps you should reconsider the way you engage in social media.

By the way, there is no point in calling to "#firekern" because he is a co-owner in the company.
I believe this was already covered above but…to better explain.

It has nothing to do with my convictions… I just decided it wasn’t worth “fighting city hall” on the issue of the new Breitling designs and direction. I haven’t changed my mind or convictions and I have tons of Breitling watches to still hunt after and purchase.

To be honest when I thought about it I realized I could really give two flying flips...I have way more important things in my life to worry about and Breitling’s current leadership is not one of them.

Thanks for worrying about me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:55 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

[Edit - I've fixed it for you! D8]

4 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:03 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

you need bbcode fully linked!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:35 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for all the advice - I think that photo can be seen? Not that I have much worth posting - lol.

Re the Superocean 2005 I traded in my ceramic no date sub against the price - all my (non-wis) mates at work thought I was absolutely mad.

But the reality is that everyone’s dad or uncle has a sub (lovely well made watch) but really impressed with the design and build of a 1960’s Superocean....such a different feel when wearing it over a sub

Anyway I am getting a bit off original post....

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:46 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

wonderful pieces!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next