The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:45 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
for Jim, the British Racing Green on the Bentley Edition:

Moana43 likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:48 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi guys, first time poster here. I'm absolutely loving the new Chronomat b01 42 and have a question regarding the bracelet. Whilst I love the look of the Rouleaux, if I bought one, I'd probably look to get a professional III bracelet as well. Does anyone here know if that would fit the lugs of the Chronomat? I appreciate there's only a very small amount of people that have actually had the watch in their hands so I don't expect any concrete info at this stage...thought I'd ask anyway though.

Edit: this would be as well as the Rouleaux, just thought it might be nice to change things up now and again.

Last edited by RichJV on Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:49 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
Big like!

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:09 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
WatchFred wrote:
for Jim, the British Racing Green on the Bentley Edition

Thanks, Fred — that color is fantastic! The red accents are the perfect complement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:11 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
RichJV wrote:
Hi guys, first time poster here. I'm absolutely loving the new Chronomat b01 42 and have a question regarding the bracelet. Whilst I love the look of the Rouleaux, if I bought one, I'd probably look to get a professional III bracelet as well. Does anyone here know if that would fit the lugs of the Chronomat? I appreciate there's only a very small amount of people that have actually had the watch in their hands so I don't expect any concrete info at this stage...thought I'd ask anyway though.

Edit: this would be as well as the Rouleaux, just thought it might be nice to change things up now and again.

Well, the case shape between the lugs on the new Chronomat is straight, so you wouldn't have to worry about curved endlinks. However, the straight endlinks pose an issue in themselves as most bracelets are designed with curved endlinks to fit specific cases. Assuming you can find a bracelet you like with the correct lug-width and straight endlinks, you then have the potential issue of spring-bar hole position. Basically lots of things need to fall just right to get a good fit with a bracelet not originally designed for a specific model. Years ago I tried fitting a Bentley bracelet to an old SA I had as on paper they should've fitted perfectly. However, the spring-bar holes in the SA case meant the Bentley bracelet just didn't hang right. There are so many variables that it's pure luck if something fits a watch it wasn't designed for.

As an aside, after speaking to a friend of mine who loves the new design but doesn't like the Rouleaux, I'd personally like the new Chronomat to be offered on a strap as well instead of purely on the bracelet. I personally love the bracelet, but I think it's quite divisive nonetheless, and a strap option (without having to buy the bracelet) would probably convert a few of the naysayers. But I understand on VERY good authority that the bracelet is an integral part of the design... which I can also totally understand.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:30 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for your response. They were my thoughts exactly...as much as I like the rouleaux it'd great to have options. Once I get to see the watch in person I may be able to get a better idea of what may or may not be possible

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:34 am 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
Driver8 wrote:

As an aside, after speaking to a friend of mine who loves the new design but doesn't like the Rouleaux, I'd personally like the new Chronomat to be offered on a strap as well instead of purely on the bracelet. I personally love the bracelet, but I think it's quite divisive nonetheless, and a strap option (without having to buy the bracelet) would probably convert a few of the naysayers. But I understand on VERY good authority that the bracelet is an integral part of the design... which I can also totally understand.

Have your friend look at the rose gold version on the Breitling website since they show that one on a strap. Personally I like it more since I'm just not a fan of the bracelet and would still prefer the pilot bracelet.

Are there going to be any updates on the new packaging that these will come in?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:02 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

the rubber strap will be available as an option, but for now there are no plans to offer the steel Chronomat without the bracelet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:04 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
jnelson3097 wrote:
Driver8 wrote:

Have your friend look at the rose gold version on the Breitling website since they show that one on a strap. Personally I like it more since I'm just not a fan of the bracelet and would still prefer the pilot bracelet.

Yes, he saw that one (which I think gave him the idea), but the all gold version is beyond his wallet's means and he's just not keen to fork out for the steel version with a bracelet that he doesn't want, and then have to buy the strap separately.

WatchFred wrote:
the rubber strap will be available as an option, but for now there are no plans to offer the steel Chronomat without the bracelet.

You were that very good authority Fred! :wink:

Site Moderator

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Chronomat01LE wrote:
JorgeB wrote:
Only thing missing was the wings logo!

Chronomat is the only model in the entire Breitling line that fully fulfills the spirit of the wings logo(air, land and sea)

You are 100% right. I really thought of all models this was gonna be the one with the wings.

The Frecce changes the wings with the Squadron logo and the word "Breitling" underneath the chrono hand. Which balances the face IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:23 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

WatchFred wrote:

I’ve always thought one of the major appeals of buying a Breitling is being able to pick between different straps or a bracelet option. It seems like it would be a mistake to force a buyer to pay the premium for a bracelet they may have no desire in wearing. I’m just going to guess, but I’m sure the bracelet alone is going to add anywhere between $800-1000.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

56scooter likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:04 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
So, has anyone come across any wrist shots of the new Chronomat? 42mm is a nice size, but once you take the bezel into account, I'm wondering whether this will "wear" appreciably smaller than expected?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:10 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Any updates on the new earth friendly packaging as well?

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:19 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 16 posts

A little off topic - but the sun in the UK today allowed me to take a close up photo of the 806R.

Wow - the hand applied lume is so impressive up close and goes to the key integrity of 2019 Breitling releases. Not many other brands would go to this detail...

I am only posting this as it gave me genuine excitement as to the integrity of what is coming in 2020. How good is the 765 Avi going to be, or the bullet bracelet???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:41 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

the AVI as good as this, for the Re-Editions only perfection in reproduction of details was good enough, different for the Rouleaux of course, as it is a totally new design evolving from historic DNA, but would be surprised if you wouldn’t be happy with workmanship and details.

Junkers72 likes this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next