The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:51 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello everyone, I'm knew to the forum and have been looking to sell my Breitling A13363, the Breitling for Bentley.

Just a question or two.

My watch has never been serviced, as I have only worn it about 20 times. But does getting it serviced help the selling point? (I'd imagine so.)

Also any other suggestions for trying to sell my watch. Never thought I would, but I never wear it.

Thank you.

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:42 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
chris123 wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm knew to the forum and have been looking to sell my Breitling A13363, the Breitling for Bentley.

Just a question or two.

My watch has never been serviced, as I have only worn it about 20 times. But does getting it serviced help the selling point? (I'd imagine so.)

Also any other suggestions for trying to sell my watch. Never thought I would, but I never wear it.

Thank you.

Chris
It would depend on how old it is Chris?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:59 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 10 posts
Yes. I assume a complete service may well be required but it’ll cost you a bit. The watch, though, will return to a new-like condition and Will certainly be a strong point on the table to ensure others don’t low ball you too much..

Service
How old is your watch? Did you buy it new or pre-owned?

Sale
How is the physical condition? Do you have original box and papers? Is the factory warranty still valid (I assume it’s out of warranty by what u said!)

So, a few tips for you to consider.

All the best

:lingsrock:

8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:18 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
(And if you don't have the box and papers a recent service receipt reassures the buyer that it's genuine.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:20 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Arcam wrote:
chris123 wrote:

Just a question or two.

Thank you.

Chris
It would depend on how old it is Chris?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9 years old this year

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:23 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

AirbusA330 wrote:
Yes. I assume a complete service may well be required but it’ll cost you a bit. The watch, though, will return to a new-like condition and Will certainly be a strong point on the table to ensure others don’t low ball you too much..

Service

Sale
How is the physical condition? Do you have original box and papers? Is the factory warranty still valid (I assume it’s out of warranty by what u said!)

All the best

8)

It's 9 years old and was bought brand new.

Sale - It's in great condition. Just some scratches that can be polished out on the band. I have the box and all papers that came with it, even the receipt of sake. Going by the Breitling home website, the watch is out of warranty. Haha.

I planned on getting it serviced once the world can go back to normal operation. Unless I should just contact Breitling directly for service?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:33 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 10 posts
chris123 wrote:
AirbusA330 wrote:

Service

Sale

All the best

8)

Sale - It's in great condition. Just some scratches that can be polished out on the band. I have the box and all papers that came with it, even the receipt of sake. Going by the Breitling home website, the watch is out of warranty. Haha.

I planned on getting it serviced once the world can go back to normal operation. Unless I should just contact Breitling directly for service?

Oh. It definitely needs a service now, even if it’s keeping good time. My personal advise is to get it done through Breitling directly.
- Polishing etc, taken care of..
- Internals, taken care of..
- A fresh warranty of 1 year, taken care of..

Just to remember. Don’t expect a miraculous deal while selling post service. But you’ll be able to hold on to your quote quite decently and make a relatively quicker sale.

My 2 cents...

All da best

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:46 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
AirbusA330 wrote:
chris123 wrote:
AirbusA330 wrote:

Service

Sale

All the best

8)

Oh. It definitely needs a service now, even if it’s keeping good time. My personal advise is to get it done through Breitling directly.
- Polishing etc, taken care of..
- Internals, taken care of..
- A fresh warranty of 1 year, taken care of..

Just to remember. Don’t expect a miraculous deal while selling post service. But you’ll be able to hold on to your quote quite decently and make a relatively quicker sale.

My 2 cents...

All da best

Although I agree with all of what has been said above you might want to consider the alternative. The sale of pre-owned Breitling's has always been weak with respect to pricing. Breitling suffers from poor value retention. With the current worldwide economic situation pricing of pre-owned watches will suffer even more. You could try and sell the watch "as is" and let the new owner decide what route to take. You process all the proper documentation so there should be no questions concerning authenticity. A service will set you back approximately $750 if performed through Breitling. This is money that you may not recover when you go to sell the watch.

My advice, research past sales on a variety of websites and try to sell the watch as is, if that fails you can always send it in for the service and proceed with the sale then. Good Luck.

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:38 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 97 posts
56scooter wrote:
you might want to consider the alternative. The sale of pre-owned Breitling's has always been weak with respect to pricing. Breitling suffers from poor value retention. With the current worldwide economic situation pricing of pre-owned watches will suffer even more. You could try and sell the watch "as is" and let the new owner decide what route to take. You process all the proper documentation so there should be no questions concerning authenticity. A service will set you back approximately $750 if performed through Breitling. This is money that you may not recover when you go to sell the watch.

My advice, research past sales on a variety of websites and try to sell the watch as is, if that fails you can always send it in for the service and proceed with the sale then. Good Luck.

+1