The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:42 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 11 posts
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I did a quick search and didn’t find any threads.

I have been away a while. I sold my last Breitling a few years ago when I bought my Milgauss. Loved the Avenger but couldn’t afford to keep it and the Rolex at that time. The Breitling I always wanted has been on my mind lately, namely a Navitimer, and I’ve been looking at them online. There are some real deals on brand new ones, like a 2020 AB012721 Navi 01 46mm on a bracelet with activated warranty card for just over 5 grand. The exact same reference watch used with the only difference I can see being the wings logo instead of the script B all have 6k plus asking prices. Always loved the blue face Navis, also the Panamerican editions, but these are hard to find.

Do people not like the B logo as much as the wings logo? I’ve noticed a similar price difference on other Breitlings with the only difference being the logo. I know I can’t say I like the B better, especially on a Navi. The wings are just iconic.

Just curious what you guys thought.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:58 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
It's most likely people with the used winged logos being overly optimistic about what they can get for a premium for the old logo. There are people that prefer the wings on the navi, I'm one of them, but I don't like it enough to pay over 1k more for it. Maybe I'd pay 200 more. I bet the 6k winged logos sit there unsold.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:38 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 43 posts
I have been searching for another Navitimer so I have been looking at prices for a while now. I have seen both the winged and the non winged versions go for about the same price. As a matter of fact, I have seen many winged versions go for less than the b versions as the b version is newer and people like the newest model. At the end, I would say they go for the same price. $6000 for a winged version?. Like the poster above said, I doubt those will ever sell. Winged version or not, $5-5.5k is a fair price for a nice Navitimer with warranty left.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:35 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 11 posts
I guess it’s just the ones I’m looking at are reaching a bit on price. Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been out of the forums for a while now, so I’m not very informed about prices anymore.

I’ve been itching for a new watch for a while, and Rolex has just gone insane with prices. No way I’m paying near double retail for anything. The Navis seem to be softer than they were a few years ago, especially the 01s. I just don’t want to pay too much. I bought my Avenger right and didn’t lose anything when I sold it a couple years later.

I like the wings so much better myself but a brand new Navi for $5200 with full warranty is mighty tempting. Maybe I can get used to the script B.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:13 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 10 posts
I love my winged breitlings, but the 43mm Navi B01 I bought last year has a nice clean look to it especially in the top area. Just the logo and Navitimer written underneath. Very clean look & it’s growing well on me. Now, all B01 watches come with exhibition cashback. The finishing work on B01 movement through the caseback is pretty nice, in my personal opinion. In fact, it’s awesome since it doesn’t cost 20,000 or 30,000$ to enjoy a pretty movement.

For the price you are getting it for, I’d say pull the trigger & wear it in good health.

eNjOy
:lingsrock:

MickeyWatch likes this post.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:11 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 117 posts
I own 4...don't think the B will ever grow on me. I'm half sorry and glad b/c I am running out of watch money!

Gratuitous photo opportunity. :lingsrock:

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:51 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
MickeyWatch wrote:
I own 4...don't think the B will ever grow on me. I'm half sorry and glad b/c I am running out of watch money!

Is there any specific reason you need four similar looking watches? may I ask, sir?

Tissot PRS200
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:01 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

superbear wrote:
MickeyWatch wrote:

Is there any specific reason you need four similar looking watches? may I ask, sir?

On the surface for sure they are similar but oddly enough I see them very differently. But since you asked and now I've thought about it, here's a ramble...

The Cosmonaute (Lemania) A12322 obviously stands on its own with that movement and being manually wound.

The Old Navitimer II A13022 with its 6,9,12 (Cal 13) was my first but then I realized the 3,6,9 sub dials were more pleasing to my eye so I got a Navitimer 2003 A23322 (Cal23).

The last one is the AB012112 which is my only 43mm and the first B01 to be released with a display back, LE to 2000, White Gold Wings, Red Chronograph hand, Burgundy Date wheel, Baton markers bla bla bla...just different than others I own and I believe special. Believe it or not this thing wears BIG compared to the others that are at 41.5mm.

The only thing I am torn about is if I will buy a AB0120 which would give me the Yellow Gold Wings & solid case back...Not sure I be able to justify that one... :|

Since taking that photo I have multiple Breitling straps that I wear each on...Black Breitling Croc for AB012112, Funky Breitling Blue Croc I picked up one Bay on my Navitimer, Black and Blue Breitling Calf straps for the Cosmonaute and Old Navitimer II.

Let me say I have asked the same question to people with 5,6,7 different Rolex Submariners...I didn't get it to me a Sub is a Sub get the one you like...But I would get an earful about the differences - 5512, 5513, 1680, 16800, 14060, 14060M 2 Line vs. 4 Line vs...etc etc. So I understand your question.

Finally if I want "non-Navitimer different" I have lots of watches that fit that bill from a vintage 6139 Seiko to a SpeedMaster Moonwatch to a new DJ 41. I just love the Navitimer design...

Last edited by MickeyWatch on Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superbear likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:08 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

MickeyWatch wrote:
superbear wrote:
MickeyWatch wrote:

On the surface for sure they are similar but oddly enough I see them very differently. But since you asked and now I've thought about it, here's a ramble...

The Cosmonaute (Lemania) A12322 obviously stands on its own with that movement and being manually wound.

The Old Navitimer II A13022 with its 6,9,12 (Cal 13) was my first but then I realized the 3,6,9 sub dials were more pleasing to my eye so I got a Navitimer 2003 A23322 (Cal23).

The last one is the AB012112 which is my only 43mm and the first B01 to be released with a display back, LE to 2000, White Gold Wings, Red Chronograph hand, Burgundy Date wheel, Baton markers bla bla bla...just different than others I own and I believe special. Believe it or not this thing wears BIG compared to the others at 41.5mm.

The only thing I am torn about is if I will buy a AB0120 which would give me the Yellow Gold Wings & solid case back...Not sure I be able to justify that one... :|

Since taking that photo I have multiple Breitling straps that I wear each on...Black Breitling Croc for AB012112, Funky Breitling Blue Croc I picked up one Bay on my Navitimer, Black and Blue Breitling Calf straps for the Cosmonaute and Old Navitimer II.

Let me say I have asked the same question to people with 5,6,7 different Rolex Submariners...I didn't get it to me a Sub is a Sub get the one you like...But I would get an earful about the differences - 5512, 5513, 1680, 16800, 14060, 14060M 2 Line vs. 4 Line vs...etc etc. So I understand your question.

Finally if I want "non-Navitimer different" I have lots of watches that fit that bill from a vintage 6139 Seiko to a SpeedMaster Moonwatch to a new DJ 41. I just love the Navitimer design...

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation, I feel my brain gets a little bigger after reading your post, and this definitely brought my awareness of watch collection to a new level, I always want to add a Navitimer into my watch box, but now I feel I need dig deeper to learn all the differences in the Navi-family. Rolex Sub is definitely another level to me in terms of price (mostly), although I understand that people collect 7 Subs is like buying 7 master art pieces made by a very same artist, I would just get the Black or Green Sub and wear constantly.

Tissot PRS200
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:41 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

@superbear CRAZY that you say that...I bought this NIB at a Jared Jewelers here in Atlanta right before they lost their Rolex dealership...$5198 out the door. Wore it almost exclusively for about 10 years. Photo doesn't show it but it was kinda banged up as you can imagine. Nick on bezel, slight scratch on sapphire...bracelet even had some stretch. Sold it for $12,500 recently to someone in California and never looked back!

Some told me I was crazy but I wore it forever and made a fair amount...I am kind of over Subs. Also I'd much rather have done that then put it up in the closet and never wore/enjoyed it and then sold for say $20k. But that's just me!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:49 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

MickeyWatch wrote:
@superbear CRAZY that you say that...I bought this NIB at a Jared Jewelers here in Atlanta right before they lost their Rolex dealership...$5198 out the door. Wore it almost exclusively for about 10 years. Photo doesn't show it but it was kinda banged up as you can imagine. Nick on bezel, slight scratch on sapphire...bracelet even had some stretch. Sold it for $12,500 recently to someone in California and never looked back!

Some told me I was crazy but I wore it forever and made a fair amount...I am kind of over Subs. Also I'd much rather have done that then put it up in the closet and never wore/enjoyed it and then sold for say $20k. But that's just me!

Nice watch, absolutely gorgeous, I think I will get the exact watch one day ( why I have a feeling that I am following your steps, Navitimer B01, then Green Sub, you already have the Omega Moonwatch, right/ :shock: )

Tissot PRS200
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:08 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 37 posts
A Navitimer without wings is like a Rolex without a crown.

The new B logo is fine on non-aviation watches but is a must for the Navi.

3 people like this post.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:51 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

NavalFlight wrote:
A Navitimer without wings is like a Rolex without a crown.

The new B logo is fine on non-aviation watches but is a must for the Navi.

Quite honestly as a "Wing" fan personally. - yours is the answer that really answers the OP's question... "Why are new B logo Navi 01s cheaper than used wing logos?"

:lingsrock:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:43 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 18 posts
I prefer the wings hands down!

Only thing I like about new navitimers are some of the new dial combos, but minus the wings I can’t say I will be hunting for one.

MickeyWatch likes this post.