The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:11 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 2 posts
A few months ago I bought a used Chronomat B13352 with the box and papers manufactured in 2001. The Ebay listing actually stated the accuracy to be +- 0 seconds per day, which I found hard to believe. But sure enough, after I de-magnetized it and set the time with timeanddate.com, (I'm amazed there's still a website for that!) and checked it a week later, it had only lost one second! It has the 7750 movement. I was just wondering if this is common with any particular model automatic COSC Breitling movements, or if I just got lucky. Here's a photo. https://ibb.co/cNs98kW

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:20 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 174 posts
Can I ask why you demagnatized the watch if it was running at the rate you specified?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:03 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
I think you got lucky so enjoy it while you can. Watches can be susceptible to various influences which over time will have an effect on accuracy. It’s not an issue that bothers me particularly as I wear my watches in rotation so a second or five a day is neither here nor there. I own a Hamilton Khaki that isn’t COSC rated and it runs +/- 1 second a day which is better than my Superocean Chrono.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:11 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Nealywheelie wrote:
Can I ask why you demagnatized the watch if it was running at the rate you specified?

I did that before I wound it and set the time to check accuracy when I first recieved it from the shipper.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:22 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

zak57 wrote:
I think you got lucky so enjoy it while you can. Watches can be susceptible to various influences which over time will have an effect on accuracy. It’s not an issue that bothers me particularly as I wear my watches in rotation so a second or five a day is neither here nor there. I own a Hamilton Khaki that isn’t COSC rated and it runs +/- 1 second a day which is better than my Superocean Chrono.
Yeah that's kinda what I figured too. But I'll enjoy it while I can.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:02 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 174 posts
RobertoHH2007 wrote:
Nealywheelie wrote:

I did that before I wound it and set the time to check accuracy when I first recieved it from the shipper.

Ah, makes sense now.
Cheers & enjoy your new watch.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:25 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
My Superocean Automatic 46 is within +/- 1 sec a day. I personally do not think anything within 10sec a day is anything to care about, (just go digital if you want balls on).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:54 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Batushka wrote:
My Superocean Automatic 46 is within +/- 1 sec a day. I personally do not think anything within 10sec a day is anything to care about, (just go digital if you want balls on).

That's cool, yeah true, 10 seconds ain't bad, especially with a pre owned one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:19 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 3 posts
My Aerospace Evo runs fast by about 10 seconds a year. It's certainly not the most accurate of HAQ watches, but it's accurate enough for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:24 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Rojoko wrote:
My Aerospace Evo runs fast by about 10 seconds a year. It's certainly not the most accurate of HAQ watches, but it's accurate enough for me.

Nice, that's still pretty impressive. And with Brietling build quality and reliability I guess that justifies the price, definitely one of the cooler looking ones too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:04 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 5 posts
RobertoHH2007 wrote:
A few months ago I bought a used Chronomat B13352 with the box and papers manufactured in 2001. The Ebay listing actually stated the accuracy to be +- 0 seconds per day, which I found hard to believe. But sure enough, after I de-magnetized it and set the time with timeanddate.com, (I'm amazed there's still a website for that!) and checked it a week later, it had only lost one second! It has the 7750 movement. I was just wondering if this is common with any particular model automatic COSC Breitling movements, or if I just got lucky. Here's a photo. https://ibb.co/cNs98kW

+- 0 second is indeed impressive. I have many watches, but my most accurate one should be +- 2 seconds

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:53 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 14 posts
My Aerospace Avantage gains cca. 3 seconds a year. :)
Regarding my mechanicals they are all 7750 except a B01. This B01 (Chronomat 41) gains 1.5 sec a day either on the wrist or on winding machine. My Steelfish Chrono gains cca. 3 sec on the winding machine and 1 on the wrist, while my Chrono Cockpit is between +1 and -1 both on winding machine and on the wrist. (My Grand Premiers are worn only occasionally so I don't check them.) I think most of us can live with anything between -2 and +2: if you reset your watch once a month you don't have more than 1 minute deviation. That's fine. It is not by chance that some competing brands have now in-house certification systems that use -2 to +2 as their limits. Just my opinion.
Best,
Robert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:29 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Robertus wrote:
My Aerospace Avantage gains cca. 3 seconds a year. :)
Regarding my mechanicals they are all 7750 except a B01. This B01 (Chronomat 41) gains 1.5 sec a day either on the wrist or on winding machine. My Steelfish Chrono gains cca. 3 sec on the winding machine and 1 on the wrist, while my Chrono Cockpit is between +1 and -1 both on winding machine and on the wrist. (My Grand Premiers are worn only occasionally so I don't check them.) I think most of us can live with anything between -2 and +2: if you reset your watch once a month you don't have more than 1 minute deviation. That's fine. It is not by chance that some competing brands have now in-house certification systems that use -2 to +2 as their limits. Just my opinion.
Best,
Robert

Cool, that's impressive that 7750's can be as accurate as an in-house movement. Yeah going to in-house movements must enable tighter standards, since they can control everything. My other one is a 90's Chronomat with the 2892-2 and is about +7 per day which is just fine with me since I like the style of it.